HCH II-Specific Discussions Model Years 2006-2011

Rant of the Month

Search this Thread

Old 07-11-2008, 04:25 AM
Pretty Darn Active Enthusiast
Default Re: Rant of the Month

Okay, I have some news!! I spoke with the regional director for Honda service on the east coast. He informed me that the dealer I have been taking the car to is constantly on the list for the most employees not trained on Honda products (not just hybrids).

I explained to him that my last encounter with the dealer end with them printing out a page from the owner's manual and highlighting the section marked "Aggressive Driving.....blah...blah..blah" and then was told that my Navigation unit is also to blame...

He could not believe that they would say that and apologized for all the hardship. He will get in contact with the person I was been working with at American Honda to see if there is anything they could do the right the wrong.

I will keep you posted.

But as a warning to people located in MD, please be aware that Criswell Honda is not properly trained to handle some vehicles.*

Thank you,

* I didn't want to say just hybrids because the regional director did say they have multiple failure points at this dealer.

Old 07-11-2008, 02:12 PM
Ridiculously Active Enthusiast

Hopefully that Dealer will be history in short order! Maybe now you will get some positive results for you and your car. Good luck in the future,H

Old 07-18-2008, 11:37 PM
F**k ExxonMobil

any word?

Old 07-21-2008, 04:27 AM

Unfortunately there is no new news for my Hybrid.

I did however end up selling the car to back to another dealer for about the price I paid for it.

I decided to go back to Acura and the dealer I purchased my previous Acuras from.

It was nice owning a Hybrid, I cannot say that my personal experience with the Honda dealer network was favorable though. Hopefully in the future, Honda will consider a Hybrid or Alternative Fuel vehicle for the Acura lineup.

Thank you all very much!!

Old 07-25-2008, 10:47 PM
IMAddicted to IMA

So arbittan, what Acura did you get? Maybe you should wait until the new NSX comes out and then you can laugh at all the GTR drivers!

Old 07-26-2008, 09:18 AM

I purchased the Acura TL. It's pretty sad that the hybrid Civic has about the same number of creature comforts as it though

My move back to Acura was purely dealer driven. I actually do not care of the Acura line persay since they have lost there direction to whom they would like to aplease to. (market wise).

As far as economy goes, the hybrid had it beat reguardless if I was getting posted low mileage but it is tolerable. My tank is only 18 gallons and I have been getting about 20-22mpg city / backroad driving. I believe the car is rated at 17-18 city....

Fillup on it so far have been a only 6 gallons more for regular.

Old 07-26-2008, 09:59 PM
IMAddicted to IMA

"I actually do not care of the Acura line persay since they have lost there direction to whom they would like to aplease to. (market wise)."

I have only become a feverent car fan relatively recently, so beyond these past few years, I know very little about the trends of the automakers. What direction was Acura going towards in their brand previously? Did it used to be more sporty, rather than more practical or luxurious?

Honda has lost its traditional way a bit in the name of practicality or performance, at least a little bit. For example, the Honda Accord has great steering feel and feedback (for its class) but has brakes that after repeated emergency stops overheat much more quickly than other cars in its class. I'm assuming this is some sort of tradeoff with brake dust or cost or something.

Another example: Honda has not produced a V8 engine (at least for an automobile) Not a single one. In fact, McLaren first approached Honda to provide the engine for their famous McLaren F1. Honda backed down. Why? They didn't want to produce an engine larger than a V6. All that has changed however, as the next generation Acura NSX will have a V10.

I'm going a little off topic here, but it's all in the name of Honda, so I hope this post doesn't get deleted. It's important for everyone to learn about the racing side of Honda too.

Last edited by jat1793; 07-26-2008 at 10:04 PM.
Old 07-27-2008, 04:43 PM
Hybrid Evangelist

Originally Posted by jat1793
"
Another example: Honda has not produced a V8 engine (at least for an automobile) Not a single one. In fact, McLaren first approached Honda to provide the engine for their famous McLaren F1. Honda backed down. Why? They didn't want to produce an engine larger than a V6.
Actually, Honda has been producing a V8 for the Indy Racing League for quite a few years. The Honda Indy V-8 debuted in the IndyCar Series in 2003. The F1 V8 was mandatory in 2006, but their first motor went on the dyno in December 2004.

Old 07-27-2008, 07:42 PM

The more recent generation of Acura was designed for young buyers. The days of an older crowd generation car from Acura is gone.

As far as Honda needing a V8 engine, I believe it is not necessary. Honda has made some really nice V6 and 4cylinder motors. The Turbo 4 in the Acura RDX has the power and feel of a potent V6. Since Honda makes available 4 cylinder motors in their car line up, other car manufacture should follow suit. (4 Cylinder motors on all their cars).

Old 07-28-2008, 01:12 PM
IMAddicted to IMA

Originally Posted by mdarmistead
Actually, Honda has been producing a V8 for the Indy Racing League for quite a few years. The Honda Indy V-8 debuted in the IndyCar Series in 2003. The F1 V8 was mandatory in 2006, but their first motor went on the dyno in December 2004.
Well....F1 cars don't count. Just joking.