HCH II-Specific Discussions Model Years 2006-2011

Safety Stickers - removal thereof

Search this Thread

Old 08-02-2006, 01:50 PM
Proud owner HCHII
Default Safety Stickers - removal thereof

On the passengers sun -visor there is a yellow warning on both sides about carrying children in the front seat. I would like to remove the one that shows all the time inside the car. Usually a hair dryer blowing does the trick but it seems to resist my efforts. Has anyone a specific remedy? ................Thanks

Old 07-30-2007, 08:58 PM
Ridiculously Active Enthusiast
Default Re: Safety Stickers - removal thereof

Nigel:
It's been almost a year since you posted this. Have you figured out a way to do this? I'm also curious.
THX

Old 08-02-2007, 09:25 AM
Proud owner HCHII

Colby,
I chickened out. I was told to use a hot iron and damp cloth (like pressing my trousers when I was in the Army) but it has been left there. Still bothering me.
Nigel

Old 08-02-2007, 03:28 PM
iSteve

Why dont you leave it there for the next owner of the vehicle

Old 08-02-2007, 06:20 PM
Eco Accelerometrist

Folks, I am not too sure about this, but if memory serves me right it may be illegal in some places to remove those compliance and warning stickers. Have you checked with your Insurance company or your local highways and transportation department just to be sure? Honda may also have a word to say about this.

Anyhow, I don't want to spoil anyone's enjoyment of their vehicle at all but I figured I would just give you a heads up since laws seem to vary from State to State and country to country, and in some locations the penalties can be unsavory especially in case of an accident. The last thing we need to know is that we are partly liable on top of any injuries we sustain.

Cheers;

MSantos

Old 08-06-2007, 01:25 AM
Pretty Darn Active Enthusiast

I think that installing a sun-visor cloth cover would be a better solution. That could also add some extra storage space for CDs, pens, or small notes.

Old 08-06-2007, 08:28 PM
Ridiculously Active Enthusiast

Hello. I was in my father's car today (Mercedes ML 350) and I had noticed that he didn't have the outer stickers. They came off (probably from the heat in the car). The spots where the stickers were is not sticky to the touch, but over time dust particles have accumulated and you can now clearly see where the sticker was. His sun visor is a light tan color. I would not recommend removing these stickers, because you will have an even uglier problem.