HCH II-Specific Discussions Model Years 2006-2011

Saying goodbye to our '08

Search this Thread

Old 03-22-2012, 09:22 AM
Enthusiast
Default Saying goodbye to our '08

It was only last July that I came to this site to read up on our (new to us), '08, hybrid. My husband put 20K miles on it with a daily commute on a major highway. Last Friday he was turned into a bumper car by a drugged out hit and run drive who side swiped two other cars before sending my husband into a concrete barrier. Thankfully he escaped with very minor injuries. The car did all it was supposed to do to protect him. The only part left untouched was his door and the rear door and quarter panel.
The person who caused the accident was caught 28 miles further on the hwy and arrested and thank goodness, he had insurance.
Now I'm looking at an '09 used Civic Hybrid. I'm hoping that the insurance settlement will be sufficient to allow us to replace the car with the '09. Prior to the accident we were very happy with the car. I'm not real sure how the miles per gallon was working out but I'm ready to get another hybrid and hope to have better luck with the next one. No more accidents!

Old 03-22-2012, 11:01 AM
Think green.
Default Re: Saying goodbye to our '08

Jane,

Sorry to hear what happened to your car, but I'm glad it did its job protecting your husband in the accident. It's maddening how some people drive so carelessly these days, as if the other vehicles on the road don't have people in them.
Good luck with getting everything settled and getting another car.