Saying Goodbye to my '05 HAH

Search this Thread

Old 02-28-2007, 06:37 PM
Enthusiast
Default Saying Goodbye to my '05 HAH

I have decided to trade my HAH w/nav for a Prius. For me, who does mostly city driving, this really was not the right car. It's a great car, but when I bought it (after driving a '98 Honda Accord) I thought I would average somewhere between the 29 and 37 mpg. Instead, I am averaging about 23-27 which was about what I was getting with the '98 and I didn't have to "work" so hard and watch for the green eco light. I have a little less than 18,000 miles on it and since there isn't much of a track record of sales figures, I am getting killed on trade in value ($19000). Car hasn't gotten a door ding or a scratch either.
Oh well. I would have looked the Civic, but leather is a must and the Civic doesn't offer it with any package.

Old 03-01-2007, 01:41 PM
Active Enthusiast
Default Re: Saying Goodbye to my '05 HAH

What.....well at least did you at least give the TCH a shot?

Old 03-01-2007, 02:50 PM
Enthusiast

Originally Posted by Xavier6162
What.....well at least did you at least give the TCH a shot?
I really wanted a smaller car, but I did look at the TCH. Not much more $ and a lot more car really - a better value than the HAH because of the 4 cylinder gas mileage. Also, I was not sure that I wanted to repeat buying a car the 1st year it was offered again. The Prius has a proven track record.

Old 03-02-2007, 06:33 AM
Pretty Darn Active Enthusiast

Too bad about the Accord, but I think you will enjoy the Prius in a city-type environment. The greatest strength of HSD is that it is very forgiving of "normal" (not insane) driving habits. Taking it up to the next peg becomes fairly intuitive after a while, too. I went from an Accord of the same vintage as your '98 and don't regret it one bit.

Old 03-31-2007, 09:59 PM
Enthusiast

I hate to see people leave their HAHs, but I think you're right. I do mostly highway driving, so the HAH works wonderfully for me, but I agree it's tough to max the FE in town. I'll bet you're delighted with the Prius. I didn't know you could get leather in a Prius. Good work.

Old 03-31-2007, 10:11 PM
Enthusiast

I am extremely happy with my new Prius. I love the backup camera and the bluetooth connection for my cell phone. Most of all I love getting 44 -47 mpg!
I actually didn't end up trading my HAH. Our best friend couldn't believe I wanted to get rid of it and bought it from me for his daughter. I don't think she is going to be getting it though-I think he is going to keep it for himself!