HCH II-Specific Discussions Model Years 2006-2011

Singaporeans HCH2 drivers Unite

Search this Thread

Old 02-05-2007, 08:10 AM
Enthusiast
Default Re: Singaporeans HCH2 drivers Unite

The model of Civic Hybrid sold in Singapore corresponds to the mid-ranged Japanese market MX model...

Only one oval shaped tailpipe.

Mine looks exactly like this -

You can see the JDM variants on this page-
http://www.honda.co.jp/CIVIC/style/index.html

Old 02-05-2007, 05:05 PM
Enthusiast
Default Re: Question for Singaporean HCH2 drivers

Originally Posted by Orient Express
Does you HCH2 have a single or double tipped exhaust pipe?
Hi Gary

Single exhaust.
Car is practically identical to the UK and Oz versions.
We don't get a choice of interior colour though, and no nav or cruise...

Old 02-06-2007, 12:15 AM
Active Enthusiast

the pics doesn't have rear mud guard... I thought all HCH2 in Singapore has it... (or is it known as water deflector? the thing attached behind the rear tires preventing water spraying from the tires)

We don't have the internal navigation device too (GPS).

Old 02-06-2007, 12:33 AM
Enthusiast

Yes, our HCH2's have mudguards all round- they are unpainted black rubber. Our petrol variants come with body colored ones. In addition to the usual 1.8L and 2L versions found elsewhere, we also have the rare 1.6L petrol variant (more tax friendly) which comes with a dealer installed 1 DIN Alpine head unit.

Old 02-09-2007, 06:54 PM
Active Enthusiast

Took a while to get use to, but since I turn off my aircon... I am getting >20km/l for this tank... that's even including getting stuck my daily traffic jams, and the bad jam at China town recently.

Anyone hears anything from Kah on the recall yet? Straits time quoted a Kah spokesman saying we will be notified by mail.

Out of curiosity... I saw a new Hybrid parking at Dakota C vacinity.. does it belong to any of the u?....

Old 04-21-2007, 02:53 PM
Enthusiast

I just got my HCH-II and still learning on how to make full use of the guages and the techniques found in the various forums to maximize FE.

I like to know for the 1st 1K servicing, what kind of engine oil will KM use? Is it 0W20 syn oil? I'm thinking of buying and bringing my own oil to the service center. Any advice?

Old 04-21-2007, 07:08 PM
Enthusiast

Unfortunately no, Kah will be using their default Shell Synthetic which is a 5W30 if I'm not mistaken. They will make a fuss if you use a thinner oil but as long as you choose one within the types recommended in your manual I don't see how they can fault you if your car needs repairs in the future.
0W20 is hard to find in the shops though... Buy it outside and bring 4L to Kah (will save you $ as well).. they discard 0.5L I think as the HCH needs only 3.5L of the slippery stuff.
I will be getting mine from www.mxtradings.com
Currently using the Schaeffer 7000 5W20 for the past 4000km with good results. But will convert to fully synth oil Mobil 1 0W20 at the next service.

www.fuchs.com.sg also has 0W20 GT1 oil. Very good in my previous car but more $$$.

Old 04-23-2007, 02:18 AM
Enthusiast

I read from forums that for the 1st 10K, it is not advisable to use thin oil like w20 so as to protect the engine due to the initial run-in of the engine. Is this true?

I was also thinking of getting the oil from mxtradings.com. Did you use Schaeffer for the 1K or 5K servicing?

Old 04-23-2007, 10:54 PM
Enthusiast

Originally Posted by linuz
I read from forums that for the 1st 10K, it is not advisable to use thin oil like w20 so as to protect the engine due to the initial run-in of the engine. Is this true?

I was also thinking of getting the oil from mxtradings.com. Did you use Schaeffer for the 1K or 5K servicing?
I used it for the 1000km service- which was done at 2500km as they were too busy over CNY to take my car in.
Schaeffer is a semi-synth oil. I'll change to the Mobil 0W20 at 10,000km.

As for the thin oil/ thick oil issue, my guess is you were reading the postings at Asiaone's car site right?

I was always taught that a thin oil is used during running in to accelerate the wearing out of too tight metal. So it makes sense to me to use a thin oil from the start.