HCH II-Specific Discussions Model Years 2006-2011

Transmission Problem

Search this Thread

Old 01-08-2007, 01:35 PM
Enthusiast
Default Transmission Problem

I took our new Civic hybrid in for it's initial oil change and mentioned that the car has been very difficult to drive, lots of lurching, rough stops, declining gas mileage. Dealer went over the car and talked to tech-line. After comparing to a new unit from the lot, they've confrimed that the tranny is shot and will be installing a new one this week. Is this a common problem for the 2006 hybrid?

Old 01-08-2007, 06:59 PM
Energy Independence
Default Re: Transmission Problem

That sounds VERY unusual for ANY new car, let alone a Honda.

Keep us posted.

Old 01-09-2007, 01:31 PM
Ridiculously Active Enthusiast

I've had the output speed shaft sensor on the transmission flip out at 600 miles and saw lots of lurching (and a CEL and flashing "D" on the tranny indicator). They reset the sensor and it has been problem free for the last 1000 miles. It does make me a little worried though--especially when I read posts like yours. Let us know what the dealer says after it's fixed.

Old 01-11-2007, 02:17 AM
Active Enthusiast

Anything built by a human being can break - even if it made by Honda. I wouldn't loose sleep over it. Like me, you received a warranty with your vehicle to take care of situations like this.

Happy motoring!

Old 01-12-2007, 12:52 PM
Enthusiast
Smile Re: Transmission Problem

Got the car back today and took it for a long ride. What a difference! Car starts and stops smoothly and runs out fine. I'm really impressed that the dealer took the time to dig into my concern. I'll update in a few months..

Old 01-12-2007, 01:19 PM
Active Enthusiast

Originally Posted by vbpdaddy
Got the car back today and took it for a long ride. What a difference! Car starts and stops smoothly and runs out fine. I'm really impressed that the dealer took the time to dig into my concern. I'll update in a few months..
Good stuff. Glad things worked out for you and your dealer was responsive.

Old 01-12-2007, 08:27 PM
Energy Independence

Great.
So, did they actually replace the tranny, or do something to fix the existing one?

Old 01-13-2007, 05:14 PM
06 HCH Opal Blue Pearl

Speaking of transmission issues, has anybody seen a issue in cooler weather where it it will not go into drive for a few seconds. Seems like the colder it is, the longer it takes before I can get the car to move. Its like still in neutral, then suddenly it will finally start to move. This is only when its cold. After a warm up, all is fine. Never noticed it in the warmer months, and don't remember it happening the first winter I had the car.

Thanks for any ideas, or if its typical.

Bob, Georgetown, TX
2006 HCH (received 11/05)

Old 01-13-2007, 05:28 PM
Eco Accelerometrist

Nope. No such behavior here. The car is driven every day and the weather over here is currently -35F (-42F with windchill).

Cheers;

Old 01-14-2007, 09:25 AM
Ridiculously Active Enthusiast

-23C here today. My trans. feels like it is in neutral until you give some throttle. It is the same at about +10C as well.I haven't had the car out in warmer temps. yet, so I am not sure how it will react then. Hope this helps!

Quick Reply: Transmission Problem

Contact Us -

• Manage Preferences
  • Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service - Your Privacy Choices -

When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

© 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands