HCH II-Specific Discussions Model Years 2006-2011

What did your HCHII Replace?

Search this Thread

Old 12-15-2006, 08:33 AM
Enthusiast
Default Re: What did your HCHII Replace?

It replaced a 2003 Subaru Legacy. Great car in the snow but with AWD it got around 20mpg. It had a 16 gallon tank so I was at the station every 10 days. One snowy day so far and the HCH did well with the factory tires .Sorry no picture.

Old 12-15-2006, 08:37 AM
Über Lord of Hypermillia
Default Here is my first Honda

A 1970 Honda 600

It had a 36 hp 2 cylinder air-cooled engine. Bought it in Denver for $800.

Old 12-15-2006, 09:53 AM
Enthusiast

2003 VW Jetta Wagon TDI - avg. 47 mpg

Great driving car, great mileage, but rather stinky - even ran biodiesel (B20-50) since it's second tank.

The backseats were small, didn't like the black interior either. Other than that I will miss that car.

I have had many hondas in the past, so I was happy to get a reliable high mileage vehicle.

Old 12-15-2006, 08:08 PM
Ridiculously Active Enthusiast

Gary (Orient express)... you beat me! I didn't think anyone would come up with an older Honda photo than mine! Amazingly enough, I saw a Honda 600 in bright orange a month ago... sitting on a showroom at a used car dealer! It was in perfect condition (at least from the 20 feet away location where I was!).

NoFlash... to answer your question, it was a long time ago and I don't exactly remember the mileage... thinking it was in the low 40's. I do remember drafting a truck for 200 miles and getting over 50 once! That Honda was a replacement for my very first car... a 1967 Buick Electra 225 with a 430 cubic inch engine. What a tank!

In 1981 I sold the Civic and bought a second generation Civic! Somewhere I've got photos of that one. It was silver... just like my new 8th gen HCHII! So.... what happened between the 2nd generation and 8th generation? LOTS of Isuzu cars and trucks! I work for Isuzu. Still have a squeaky-clean 1986 Turbo Impulse you could put on a showroom floor, and just bought a 2007 Ascender (to replace our 2004 Ascender).

Old 12-16-2006, 02:56 PM
Enthusiast

I replaced a BMW 540i. It was nicer, more comfortable, quieter and since I don't drive around zipping in and out of the traffic I got about 20mpg with the V8. I got rid of it because I was tired of it. I wanted newer and I had always enjoyed my past Hondas, so it seemed like a good choice to me.

Old 12-16-2006, 09:08 PM
Ridiculously Active Enthusiast

A 2004 Honda Civic Hybrid CVT AT-PZEV which I bought for $19,300 and sold for $21,000. with 22,000 miles on it

Old 12-17-2006, 05:02 AM
Active Enthusiast

This is a photo of the type of car I sold to get the hybrid. It was fast and fun, but only got about 21 mpg.

Old 12-17-2006, 06:38 AM
Enthusiast

Fun thread and enjoyed seeing the older Honda's. My HCHII has replaced a 1992 Nissan Pathfinder. Its the #2 favorite vehicle I've owned after the '73 VW campervan. It was remarkably reliable, I retired it with 205K miles and original exhaust system, clutch, starter and alternator. Only things replaced were the timing belt (in advance of a cross country trip) and the radiator. It was body rot that finally did it in -- a victim of living a couple of miles from the ocean and winter road salt.

My wife's first car was a mid-70s Civic in day-glow orange. We got 50 MPG on the highway with the 5 speed. We loved it but I also remember needing to always have a spare set of points and a feeler gauge in the car, as the points were always burning out.

Here's the Pathfinder with Pompey's Pillar along the Yellowstone River in southern Montana in the background. Pompey's Pillar is the only spot with a remaining vestige of the Lewis and Clark Expedition as Clark carved his signature into the stone.

Old 12-17-2006, 06:10 PM
Eco Accelerometrist

Well, I've always been a fan of well designed, creak free, and enviromentally responsible cars. So much so that I kept this one as my daily commuter for 16 years !!!
Confortable, fuel efficient and lots of fun to toss into turns with its 4 wheel double wishbone suspension that only Honda could produce. I was really sorry to let it go but the HCH-II set the bar so much higher that the old car had no more reasons to stay.

1990 Civic LX traded in for a new HCH-II !

Cheers;

MSantos

Old 12-17-2006, 09:03 PM
Enthusiast

My previous commuter was a 2000 Honda Civic HX. I bought it slightly used - it was very cheap. Never had a problem with it. I could get more than 40 mpg if I drove carefully, but my lifetime average was 38 mpg. I miss the manual transmission that the HX had, but I have to admit that the CVT in my HCH II is a little more relaxing for the long commute.

Quick Reply: What did your HCHII Replace?

Contact Us -

• Manage Preferences
  • Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service - Your Privacy Choices -

When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

© 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands