HCH II-Specific Discussions Model Years 2006-2011
View Poll Results: Would I consider an Assist Inhibit Module ?
Yes, but only if it does not void my Honda Warranty.
12.12%
Yes, but only if (1) is true, and it is simple to install.
6.06%
Yes, but only if (1,2) are true, and it costs $200 or less.
27.27%
Yes, but only if (1,2) are true, and it costs $400 or less.
3.03%
Yes, but only if (1,2) are true, and it costs $600 or less.
6.06%
Yes, but only if (1,2) are true, and it costs $800 or less.
0%
Yes, I want it. Why does it have to take so long !!!
6.06%
No. I'm happy with the HCH-II the way it is !
39.39%
Voters: 33. You may not vote on this poll

Would you want an Assist Inhibit Module?

Search this Thread

Old 07-29-2007, 09:17 AM
Eco Accelerometrist
Default Would you want an Assist Inhibit Module?

For HCH-II owners only (If you own a 2003-2005 HCH this poll does not apply to you):

Would you purchase an Inhibit assist module for your car?
This assist inhibit module would require following the installation instructions carefully.

What is an inhibit assist module for the HCH-II?
It is a self contained module that consists of a foot switch (mounted on the dead pedal), connectors and loomed wiring, that prevent ev assist whenever accelerating.

What does this module do?
It enables more effective/strategic management of the SoC by ultimately reducing the occurrence of regens. This can also be put to great use when Pulse and gliding for extended periods by avoiding depleting the pack on the pulses.

How do I get one?
We're trying to determine the manufacturing price points based on demand... and general interest from HCH-II owners.

Does it work?
Yes. At the moment we have two first generation modules that are currently in operation on two vehicles.

Will it void my warranty?
We're currently in the process of discussing the viability and impact of this module on the warranty with Honda.

Please feel free to discuss and provide any feedback.

Cheers;

MSantos

Last edited by msantos; 07-29-2007 at 09:28 AM.
Old 07-30-2007, 06:37 AM
Ridiculously Active Enthusiast
Default Re: Would you want an Assist Inhibit Module?

I bought the 7 year, 120,000 mile extended warranty for $900. I would not want to void this. That's how I voted. Anyway, I'd love to be able to inhibit assist.

Old 07-30-2007, 08:28 AM
Wo ai Zheng!

I'd love to have more control over just about everything... assist/regen inhibit or enable (yes, there are times when I'd love to force regen without resorting to 'S'), manual adjustment of CVT preferences (if it's just a small hill, why do I need another 1500rpm?), and so on. The car does so much thinking for us, but what's right for one driver might be totally wrong for another.

Old 07-30-2007, 12:27 PM
Happy Camper Enthusiast

I vote yes, for a slightly different reason than what you pose, MSantos. Going up hills, you can use cruise control to stay out of the electric assist, at the price of revving the engine ridiculously high. Or you can use your foot, but it's difficult not to draw on the assist when doing so, even if you don't feel you need it. I would use such a switch to turn off the assist on long climbs and avoid flattening the battery just to be able to run 2 mph faster.

--doug

Old 07-30-2007, 01:08 PM

Originally Posted by Mr. Kite
I bought the 7 year, 120,000 mile extended warranty for $900. I would not want to void this. That's how I voted. Anyway, I'd love to be able to inhibit assist.
Agreed. I would really like it for mountain driving to save my juice for when I really need it. I would not be willing to do anything that decreases the warranty though--it wouldn't be worth it.

Old 07-30-2007, 01:48 PM
Enthusiast

Msantos, this would great if you can pull it off - especially WRT warranty.

Thanks,

Bob

Old 07-30-2007, 06:08 PM
Drives Too Much

The thing I'm interested in is saving on fuel expenses. If I saw evidence that it improves gas mileage in the conditions I experience, I'd be very interested. Price would be related to gas savings. --tom

Old 07-30-2007, 09:45 PM
Energy Independence

I voted yes, as well. As long as warranty is not at issue.
I think a device such as this would INCREASE the life-span of the IMA battery. That'd be my main intent. And saving juice until I REALLY needed it, like kristian.

Old 07-31-2007, 05:32 AM
HypoFueler

Would need to see demonstrated FE gains that allow it to be paid for itself within ~12 months.

Old 07-31-2007, 02:09 PM

I'd rather go the other way! I'd prefer to shut off the ICE and just use battery in slow speed (5 - 20 mph) freeway traffic jams. Above 10 mph I can get it to work, but once I slow to below that, the ICE kicks back in. I'd like control over that. I'd also like to force autostop whenever I want.

As for shutting off assist... well, I like the assist up the hills in my area. If I don't want as much assist, I just back off the pedal. Sure, it's slow... but it keeps the engine rpms down!