DVD Player

Search this Thread

Old 04-30-2005, 04:58 AM
kcy
Enthusiast
Default DVD Player

Have any of you installed dvd players in your accord? I found some tan leather headrests with the 7"screens already installed and an in dash dvd player on Ebay for about $370. I was wondering if the dvd player could be installed in that little boxy area underneath the radio and A/C.
The headrest pillow monitors are really pretty with the same wood trim that my accord has so I think it will look really nice, but I'm wondering if any of you have any experience or knowledge regarding this.

Old 04-30-2005, 09:29 AM
Rarely post anything
Default Re: DVD Player

Hi, kcy... I think it would be a tight fit in that space as-designed, because it's not quite standard DIN size. However, with enough time & money, and the right installer, anything's possible

If I were putting this in my car - that's exactly where I'd put it. Maybe have a panel fashioned for it, in the same trim as the console - elegant, stealthy, and out of sight of the bad guys.

I don't have a DVD player in my HAH, but I can relay that if you get the Honda IVES, with the flip down screen in the roof, that they'll pretty much have to take half the car apart to put it in. So, your solution looks cheaper & easier, and should work well. Just make sure you find a good installer who'll take the time to do it right

Old 05-01-2005, 08:12 AM
kcy
Enthusiast
Default Re: DVD Player

Hi Mark,
Thanks for the advice! As I continue on my journey of dvd decision making, I will discount the idea of the overhead drop down screen console! (I was also afraid it may obscure my rear view).
The first thing I have to do now is remeasure all of my spaces! Unfortunately, it turns out that the handy-dandy measuring tape I've been carrying in my purse for the past month, was one of those 'dirty-trick' tapes! I thought those inches looked more like centimeters.....*sigh* (har har har).

I am also considering the 7" headrest screens that attach to the little metal bars of the headrest, and just attaching them from the top of the screen instead of the bottom of the screen so that they hang down over the front seatback instead of up on the back of the headrest, where the screens are actually larger than the headrests and would look, in my humble opinion, quite tacky!

Thanks again for your advice and any other advice you care to offer!
Kelly