The dealer called to say...

Search this Thread

Old 10-02-2004, 08:03 PM
Super Moderator & Contributor ($)

...that we are looking at about one month till my 2005 HCH MT comes in. Can't wait, kinda. I didn't think I'd miss the Vette much as it is my 4th sports car but as the time gets short I'm getting nervous about getting rid of it. I could never afford another new one as the price has got out of hand. I'm excited about the HCH. Can I have both?

Old 10-03-2004, 07:08 AM

Lakedude says:

"I'm excited about the HCH. Can I have both?"

Can you afford it?

I kept the Subaru Forester that my HCH replaced. Of course it was paid off already so the only cost involved in keeping it on the road is about 50 bucks every 2 years for the NY registration and the insurance.

The insurance does hurt a little, but since I never did like the way the HCH handled in the snow, and I didn't want to get snow tires and kill the mileage, I decided to keep the Forester. I drive it when the roads are snow-covered and when I need room to move stuff.

Of course I'm single and I don't have a wife, two kids, a dog, a cat and a goldfish to support, so that makes it possible for me to keep both.

Cheers...........

MC

Old 10-05-2004, 01:43 AM

Yeah, I can afford it but I don't really need 3 vehicles. Got a 4wd truck to pull trailers and drive in snow. I figure keeping the Vette will cost $1500 up front in sales tax, plus the cost of the HCH plus $200/month in tires, gas, insurance and other taxes. It would save a lot to trade.

Old 10-14-2004, 02:13 PM

Got another call, the HCH is expected in less then a week now.

In spite of it being a bad financial decision I've decided to keep the Vette.