Ivory interior good or bad

Search this Thread

Old 02-05-2006, 08:23 AM
Pretty Darn Active Enthusiast
Default Re: Ivory interior good or bad

Originally Posted by Jacky
I hear this simple-minded viewpoint all the time...

Go get all-weather floormats, a can of ScotchGuard, a can of Resolve, and a coffee cup with a lid on it at Wal-Mart. Shouldn't cost you more than 30 bucks. I don't have kids, but if little kids are riding in the back seat, just put a towel back there.

If you are spilling coffee all over the place and having kids throwing up in the back seat, no color interior is going to save you from having your car look like inside of a dump truck.

=)
LOL, good point, If you have kids make them ride in the trunk... or convert the back seat area into vinyl or dont buy a new car until they are at least 6...
I have seen many a car where the Rocket Seat pasengers have ruined the car with the smell of milk, poop, dipers and vomit being soaked into the cloth seats (yuck).. The chief complaint heard by the husbands is the wife did not clean it up as its her car.. (sorry ladies)

I don't have kids either just 4 dogs ( don't have to worry about clothes school or college $$$ and can take a trip, buy a loaded Hybrid and just have the extra dough to do what we want its nice lol.

we just leave everything to the niece & nephew and the dogs),

Ok back to the topic just since the wife got the car she spills drinks with lids on the passenger seat I have scotch gaurded the seat will have to try the resolve stuff. The rear seat looks brand new! I guess one can invest in seat covers along with the all weather floor mats..

My 04 tundra looks like it just pulled off the show room floor.

Old 02-05-2006, 08:42 AM
Active Enthusiast

Originally Posted by PriusGuy04
I guess one can invest in seat covers along with the all weather floor mats..
The floor matts are my only complaint. My drivers side already is looking pretty worked after 3 months. I'm going to buy the all season matts next winter.

Old 02-05-2006, 09:45 AM
Enthusiast

Get the black all season floor mats w/the ivory interior. The salesman ordered me the 'ivory' all seasons and within a week they were not ivory any more. I had the dealer switch them out for the black. Now no probs.

You know what they say.... once you go black u never go back...

Old 02-05-2006, 09:55 AM
G.H. Contributor
Arrow Re: Ivory interior good or bad

Originally Posted by ScarGo
Get the black all season floor mats w/the ivory interior. The salesman ordered me the 'ivory' all seasons and within a week they were not ivory any more. I had the dealer switch them out for the black. Now no probs.

You know what they say.... once you go black u never go back...
Hi ScarGo;

Welcome to Greenhybrid:

Terry

Old 02-06-2006, 08:15 AM
Enthusiast

Originally Posted by tigerhonaker
Hi ScarGo;

Welcome to Greenhybrid:

Terry
Thanks, I sold a MINI Cooper S to get the Hybrid.

Old 02-06-2006, 09:39 AM
Pretty Darn Active Enthusiast

Unless you are rough on the interior (i.e., spill things a lot), the ivory fabric should hold up well. I have ivory in my 1999 Accord, and it still looks great 7 years later (only detailed once). I also have ivory in my new 06 HCH and I have no worries.

Old 02-06-2006, 02:03 PM
Enthusiast

Originally Posted by Jacky
I hear this simple-minded viewpoint all the time...

Go get all-weather floormats, a can of ScotchGuard, a can of Resolve, and a coffee cup with a lid on it at Wal-Mart. Shouldn't cost you more than 30 bucks. I don't have kids, but if little kids are riding in the back seat, just put a towel back there.=)
Good advice. The first thing I did when I got mine was order a set of the all-weather floor mats, and get two black seat covers for the front (they're not fitted so they're easy to remove and clean, you can get them at solutions.com).

Old 02-06-2006, 03:27 PM
Tim
Enchanter, Enthusiast

I have the ivory and I like it. Dark interiors get very hot in the summer - yes, I klnow they all do, but I think the lighter color helps. I agree with Jacky's suggestions - I got the rubber mats and have zero problems with the carpet (after 3 years). I have two young children that eat in the back too. I never Scotchgarded, but really nothing spills that I can't clean up (my coffee cup has a lid :-). Also remember, if you're spilling that much stuff in your car, no fabric color will protect you from the smell. Sometimes you've got to bust out the carpet cleaner or the Resolve no matter what the stain looks like.

Old 02-06-2006, 03:30 PM
Tim
Enchanter, Enthusiast

Originally Posted by ScarGo
Thanks, I sold a MINI Cooper S to get the Hybrid.
I know this is OT but I have to ask - what mileage did you get in your MINI? I've toyed with the idea of getting one when my son needs my car, and I *thought* the mileage on it was decent. I can't find any FE numbers on their web site.

Old 02-06-2006, 07:52 PM
Enthusiast

Originally Posted by Tim
I know this is OT but I have to ask - what mileage did you get in your MINI? I've toyed with the idea of getting one when my son needs my car, and I *thought* the mileage on it was decent. I can't find any FE numbers on their web site.
Tim,
I also sold a MINI Cooper S to get my HCH. Tracking my mileage in Automotive Wolf, I averaged 26.5 mpg over 4,000 miles. The MINI Cooper (not the S model) gets better mileage according to members' data on northamericanmotoring.com. By the way, I haven't looked back on the MINI once. The HCH (complete with ivory interior and sweet coco mats) is a gem.

Quick Reply: Ivory interior good or bad

Contact Us -

• Manage Preferences
  • Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service - Your Privacy Choices -

When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

© 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands