Old 05-18-2006, 07:50 PM
Ridiculously Active Enthusiast
Default Re: No Civic Hybrid for me, after all

Bye!

Old 05-18-2006, 08:07 PM
Enthusiast

Originally Posted by shawnb
But once it exceeds 426,500 it is out of my budget.
Hell, I'll sell you mine for half that.

Good luck.

Dan

Old 05-18-2006, 08:36 PM
Active Enthusiast

I don't know if you're anywhere near columbus oh, but the folks over at Roush Honda are awesome. When I bought my 2k6 HCHII a week or so ago they charged me 23850 plus tax out the door and it's got the navi. Dave Holscher over there was really fantastic. He showed me what cars they had on order and asked which one I'd like. I gave him a 200 dollar deposit back in March. He called me on a friday and told me I could pick it up the next day. They gave me a fair trade-in value on my car and it was probably the best car purchasing experience I've ever had. My wife was even amazed that I didn't turn into Mr. *** which I've been prone to do in car dealers.

Jayson

Old 05-18-2006, 09:19 PM
Ridiculously Active Enthusiast

I got mine for $1000 under MSRP just as promised from Keith McCue at Perry Motors in Bishop California.

Perfect service.

I also firmly made it clear I would tolerate no changes or dealer add-ons.

Old 05-18-2006, 09:27 PM
Active Enthusiast

Keith and all the others at Perry are magnificent. A truly HONEST dealership.
The best car buying experience I have ever had.

Old 05-18-2006, 09:40 PM
Active Enthusiast

What are the concerns involved with purchasing a car out of state and brining it into California? Will I end up paying state registration in two states and a USE tax or whatever it is called?

Thanks,
Shawn

Old 05-18-2006, 10:11 PM
Witch

But you "have more money than you know what to do with".

On the internet we are all rich, and beautiful. Hell, I am really a model for Victoria Secret with a $3 Billion trust fund. I bought the HCH II because it is just so cute and trendy.

It seems pretty lame to act like you are Daddy Warbucks in the same thread complaining over $600.

Not trying to start anything, but I have already tossed my jewelry to higher ground. Too late for my shoes though.

Old 05-18-2006, 10:12 PM
MPG FANATIC WITH GUZZLERS

No, most states, you only register it in the state you live in at the time of purchase. On the sales tax, in most states you just pay sales taxes in the state you live in.All you would pay would be a a fee for a temp tag, and a doc fee. Some states have a very low inventory tax you have to pay-it is$60 on $27000-not much.
Now buying in CA, if you live somewhere else can be a pain-CA will collect sales tax, but then you don't have to pay it in the state you live in.Luck,Charlie

PS The prices of the Civi Hybrid will drop after the summer. (don't give a deposit-it makes the dealers think you are desperate and they will try to take advantage of you). I have bought several cars out of state-it isn't a problem.You might even buy one in a place you wanted to visit-or maybe detour to the Grand Canyon on the way home.Make it a fun road trip.

Old 05-18-2006, 10:17 PM
Active Enthusiast

Originally Posted by tylers65
It seems pretty lame to act like you are Daddy Warbucks in the same thread complaining over $600.
I thought I made myself clear. Perhaps you should have included the next sentance with the quote. It's the principle of the matter that bothers me, not the price. If the dealer wants to yank my chain then they'll quickly find that the chain easily breaks.

In my book, having money is not synonymous with rolling over and taking it because just because a few extra hundred (or in this case, $1k about) is chump change. If the dealer lies to me and try's to employ tactics (after they put one price in writing for which I exchanged a deposit) in order to get more money from me, then they don't deserve my business.

It is because people are in such a feeding frenzy to get this car before the carpool stickers run out that this is happening in the first place and people tend to throw all caution on the window. Similar to the $899k 2 bedroom 1,100 SQ FT house across the street from me, don't understand why people pay that much for things. People allow dealers to do this to them, and so they do.

One day you'll realize the same thing I did a while back: you don't get rich or accumulate wealth by spending it every chance you get or by spending it frivilously; and certainly not by allowing others to take advantage of you, fincially.

Thanks,
Shawn

Last edited by shawnb; 05-18-2006 at 10:26 PM.
Old 05-18-2006, 10:29 PM
Pretty Darn Active Enthusiast

I agree with Shawn that principles are in general much more important than money and then some. By a lot. We all dont have the same principles. His is " You made this promise in writing-- and are going back on that for financial gain in a way that I won't play." Reasonable. In fact, some might say that by purposefully misrepresenting the truth for financial gain, that these dealerships are committing the " F" word. ( Fra*d). Especially if they put it in writing.

That being said, the MSRP on these cars DID go up. The non-navis went up 300 dollars for cars made after March 15th 2006. ( delivered about April 16th 2006 or so). I have no clue about the Navis. The increase does not include taxes on the final amount, which also goes up too based on the increasing total.

Quick Reply: No Civic Hybrid for me, after all

Contact Us -

• Manage Preferences
  • Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service - Your Privacy Choices -

When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

© 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands