Sirius receiver placement

Search this Thread

Old 08-15-2006, 04:26 AM
Enthusiast
Default Re: Sirius receiver placement

and another picture that shows a good idea of how well it fits in aesthetically...

Old 08-15-2006, 12:04 PM
Enthusiast

In my brothers car we put it on the right hand side just above the shifter. There looks to be two empty switch panels, it's bolted right onto there, looks pretty good imo

Old 08-19-2006, 10:42 AM
Enthusiast

Originally Posted by tinkererguy
Ok, pictures posted, in pdf slideshow format, I think it'll give you a much better idea of how it looks. No permanent holes, who knows what I'll have in 2-3 years. And you'll see I didn't bother with external antenna mount, although reception is a minor problem once in a while, this certainly was an easy installation anybody could do, no tools required.
It looks great, but where does the antenna wire go? I don't see the wire anywhere.

Old 08-20-2006, 03:00 PM
Enthusiast

I placed the receiver just to the left of the mileage display on the front windshield. If you angle the mount bar just right, it will not interfere with visibility out the front windshield. The display can be read and adjusted without taking your eyes off the road. I found this the safest, most practical place to mount the unit.

The wires can be run from the power jack, under the driver's side dash, and up around the outside of the dashboard near the door. Yes, you will see about 1 foot of the power and antenna wires, but it is not obtrusive compared to placing the unit near the shifter.

Jackpot Jim