Upgrading 07 HCH Audio?

Search this Thread

Old 10-30-2007, 06:46 PM
Active Enthusiast
Default Re: Upgrading 07 HCH Audio?

Originally Posted by soldierbot
I used the stock placement for the tweeters on my front components. I have never had a system with the tweeters and mids such a distance apart but the sound quality and staging is very nice.

How did the replacements fit? Were you able to keep the grill and such?
Did you reuse the exisiting wire or replace?

Thx!

Old 10-30-2007, 08:57 PM
Enthusiast

Originally Posted by iridium130m
How did the replacements fit? Were you able to keep the grill and such?
Did you reuse the exisiting wire or replace?

Thx!
I ran new speaker wire but you could use the stock wire if you chose that option. Yes, the tweeters fit in the original location fine with the grill back in place. The look is completely stock.

Old 11-02-2007, 08:53 PM
Enthusiast

Originally Posted by arbittan
Have you tried the Honda OEM Bass Kit? It is about 300.00 and replaces your two back speaker with a amped 8" x 2 woofer system.

I have been toying with the idea of getting it. I have not heard of anyone having it installed.

Your resale value should not go down if you install a third party audio system. You can chalk it up as a premium audio system in KBB.com.

If you are looking to totally upgrade, think about a total Alpine solution (since Honda uses Alpine already). You can then have BT handsfree in the car and iPod integration!!
Ummm, yeah so how do we install the OEM bass kit considering we cant put down our back seat? http://www.hondapartsdeals.com/honda...ker_System.pdf

Last edited by zo6 2 hch; 11-02-2007 at 09:00 PM. Reason: new info
Old 11-03-2007, 05:26 PM
Pretty Darn Active Enthusiast

Actually, the Genuine Honda OEM instructions do not state you need to lower your rear seats.

http://www.hondaautomotiveparts.com/...f/AII33518.pdf

All of the installation work is done in the truck location. You will need to remove the rear speaker grills in one step to install the speakers, they install top down instead of bottom up.

The method Honda is using to get bass into the car is good, but I don't know what type of bass comes out of those speakers. I like to listen to classical music every now and then and I would like to really hear the lows replicated. Especially if the piece performed is pianissmo and fortissimo (very quiet and very loud) or a mixture.

When I mean method, I mean not having to run a thick amp cable from the battery to the trunk. I really don't want to cut into my wiring/splice.

Old 11-04-2007, 06:30 PM
Enthusiast

Originally Posted by arbittan
Actually, the Genuine Honda OEM instructions do not state you need to lower your rear seats.

http://www.hondaautomotiveparts.com/...f/AII33518.pdf

All of the installation work is done in the truck location. You will need to remove the rear speaker grills in one step to install the speakers, they install top down instead of bottom up.

The method Honda is using to get bass into the car is good, but I don't know what type of bass comes out of those speakers. I like to listen to classical music every now and then and I would like to really hear the lows replicated. Especially if the piece performed is pianissmo and fortissimo (very quiet and very loud) or a mixture.

When I mean method, I mean not having to run a thick amp cable from the battery to the trunk. I really don't want to cut into my wiring/splice.
Im curious as to the quality of the bass as well, the kit replaces the existing speakers with 2 8" speakers correct? That might sound pretty good, I wonder how many watts the amplifier delivers to them. Does anyone have this kit that can attest to the bass quality?

Old 11-06-2007, 11:02 AM

I called Honda parts today to order the Bass Kit. My cost is a lot cheap than the retail parts cost. I will find out how well they sound once they are recieve them and I install it.

Old 11-06-2007, 11:40 AM

Also, has anyone tried this http://www.hondaautomotiveparts.com/..._Subwoofer.jpg

It is made for the CR-V but might work with the Civic since it is the same Radio.

Old 11-07-2007, 08:16 AM

Okay, I ordered the BASS Kit. I should get it by the weekend for installation.
My cost is little over $120.00

Old 11-09-2007, 12:24 PM

Anyone interested in the Bass Audio Kit for the Honda Civic to upgrade the sound, I will be posting my results to the installation and my assessment to the sound.

Thanks

Old 11-09-2007, 09:21 PM
Ridiculously Active Enthusiast

Arbittan:
What are you doing with the old rear speakers? I have a friend who may be interested in purchasing some for her Accord.

Quick Reply: Upgrading 07 HCH Audio?

Contact Us -

• Manage Preferences
  • Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service - Your Privacy Choices -

When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

© 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands