Introductions Electric Vehicle Forums welcomes you to the community. Please, tell us about yourself!

howdy there from so cal

Search this Thread

Old 01-13-2005, 08:06 PM
lost - boy
Default howdy there from so cal

excelent things going on here from what i've seen; quite odd owning a hybrid in this eclectic group that i live and work with; but thats the military for you.

look forward to the good things i've seen so far.

andrew

Old 01-13-2005, 08:28 PM
Site Founder

Welcome, Andrew! What, exactly, do you do in the military?

Old 01-13-2005, 09:25 PM
lost - boy

jason, definitely appreciate the quick response.

military, marine corps; infantry. the comment before was hinting at a lot of the mocho "guy stuff" that goes on. I have seen only two other hybrids on base to date. one was a visitor dropping off a young marine and another is owned by a naval doctor. although the doc has a roof rack on his prius at all times; which i have yet to understand seeing as there has never been a bike, kayak or any other accessory seen.

the base is pretty hilly and there are pleanty of curves; but with the average speed limit of 40-45 mph i tend to stay on base as long as possible; for the beautiful scenary, miniscule amount of people, and amusing stares for driving said vehicle, a HCH '05.

Old 01-14-2005, 10:58 AM
Contributor ($)

Welcome to greenhybrid! Glad to here you like GH so far. It's clear you will have a unique perspective. I'm not sure how many military personnell we have as members.

Old 01-15-2005, 08:37 AM
Active Enthusiast

Originally Posted by ericbecky
Welcome to greenhybrid! Glad to here you like GH so far. It's clear you will have a unique perspective. I'm not sure how many military personnell we have as members.
The other day I saw a hybrid with a "Bush/Cheney" bumper sticker and it was a rare sight indeed. But I believe that the only other Civic Hybrid owner I personally know in my area is ex Navy.

Old 01-16-2005, 08:56 AM
lost - boy

well i can tell you that it definitely wasn’t me with that bush cheney sticker on my car.

i'm definitely on the other end of the political spectrum, but haven't affiliated myself with a party. i have my views and whoever comes closest to matching the majority of them is how i lean in my popularity and voting.

i'll do my best opinion and otherwise.