Introductions Electric Vehicle Forums welcomes you to the community. Please, tell us about yourself!

New '08 FEH FWD

Search this Thread

Old 08-27-2007, 03:20 PM
Enthusiast
Cool New '08 FEH FWD

After 10 years of stalwart service and closing on 160,000 miles, it was time to bid farewell to my trusty '94 Ranger XLT Supercab and its 18-20 mpg. Since I'm frequently hauling band gear (couple of amps, guitars, and the occasional small PA system) I needed cargo space. Since the daily commute is 30 miles each way through L.A. traffic, I wanted good fuel economy. Since I'm a long-waisted 6'3", I needed headroom and legroom. So last week, we walked into Sunrise Ford in North Hollywood and walked out with an '08 FEH in Oxford White with the Hybrid Premium Package and Nav system (I would have passed on the Nav, as I've got GPS' aplenty, but I'd heard about the delay on orders and this one was on the lot. Besides, my wife loved the nav system.

So far, I'm driven it about 400 miles, and am averaging 34.2 mpg. I haven't made any particular effort to change my driving habits, as I'm interested in seeing what kind of results the "average" driver would see from a hybrid.

Old 08-27-2007, 03:31 PM
Engineering first
Talking Re: New '08 FEH FWD

Welcome to the CLUB!

Originally Posted by GVDub
After 10 years of stalwart service and closing on 160,000 miles, it was time to bid farewell to my trusty '94 Ranger XLT Supercab and its 18-20 mpg. Since I'm frequently hauling band gear (couple of amps, guitars, and the occasional small PA system) I needed cargo space. Since the daily commute is 30 miles each way through L.A. traffic, I wanted good fuel economy. Since I'm a long-waisted 6'3", I needed headroom and legroom. So last week, we walked into Sunrise Ford in North Hollywood and walked out with an '08 FEH in Oxford White with the Hybrid Premium Package and Nav system (I would have passed on the Nav, as I've got GPS' aplenty, but I'd heard about the delay on orders and this one was on the lot. Besides, my wife loved the nav system.

So far, I'm driven it about 400 miles, and am averaging 34.2 mpg. I haven't made any particular effort to change my driving habits, as I'm interested in seeing what kind of results the "average" driver would see from a hybrid.
We have some of the most clued FEH folks around. I know they have terrific FAQ with good tips and suggestions. You're in for a treat and already are reaping the rewards.

GOOD CHOICE and GOOD LUCK!

Bob Wilson

Old 08-27-2007, 04:54 PM
Pretty Darn Active Enthusiast
Default Re: New '08 FEH FWD

Congrats on your purchase and welcome to GreenHybrid!

Old 09-10-2007, 08:38 PM
Prof. of Hybridology
Default Re: New '08 FEH FWD

Hello, and welcome to GH. Remember to Enjoy! your new FEH!