I can't believe I do not have fog lights.

Search this Thread

Old 06-05-2007, 06:30 AM
Active Enthusiast
Default Re: I can't believe I do not have fog lights.

Originally Posted by GripperDon
I downloaded the Altima tech/servic package from Niss tonight and it looks like adding Fog Lights will not be too hard at all.
Was the Tech/Service Manual for the Hybrid or the non-Hybrid?

I've gotta think there's some reason Nissan doesn't include the fog lights in one of those high end packages they sell for the Hybrid. I would suspect that some sort of plumbing or wiring interference with the hydrid drive. Just a guess.

Old 06-05-2007, 02:03 PM
Need a Plug

I bought both.

Old 06-05-2007, 06:13 PM
Active Enthusiast

I just purchased the CD version of the service manual for the NAH - it was about $225 and will be sent in the mail. I like to do as much as my own maintenance as possible but I think the service manual will be a "must have" for this vehicle. I was reading on line at nissanhelp.com, in the downloadable maintenance schedule for the non hybrid 2007 Altima, that you have to remove the instument cluster to change the cabin filter element but doesn't give the exact instructions. Hopefully the service manual will explain procedures like this.

I've also ordered two cases (12 qts) of Penzoil 0W-20 Hybrid motor oil from oil-store.com.

Old 06-10-2007, 02:57 PM
Active Enthusiast

Originally Posted by lloyd123
Was the Tech/Service Manual for the Hybrid or the non-Hybrid?

I've gotta think there's some reason Nissan doesn't include the fog lights in one of those high end packages they sell for the Hybrid. I would suspect that some sort of plumbing or wiring interference with the hydrid drive. Just a guess.
I think that Nissan is trying to limit the amount of electrical current draw for the vehcile. I was told by one of the salesmen that they were not offering any aftermarket electrical add-ons, including the security system upgrade, for this reason.

Old 06-10-2007, 03:54 PM
Need a Plug

What is the security system upgrade? I am going to put fog lamps in anyway. I don't care what they want. I'll do it even it they are not connected. I think the black plugs look terrible.

Old 06-17-2007, 05:55 AM
Active Enthusiast

Originally Posted by lloyd123
I was reading on line at nissanhelp.com, in the downloadable maintenance schedule for the non hybrid 2007 Altima, that you have to remove the instument cluster to change the cabin filter element but doesn't give the exact instructions. Hopefully the service manual will explain procedures like this.
Hope this didn't scare anyone out there. I received the Service Manual CD for the NAH and looked up replacing the cabin air filter. You have to remove the glove box - five screws, I think - to access the filter. That doesn't seem too hard.

Old 06-18-2007, 09:27 PM
Need a Plug

Things are not easy. I have to remove the inner fender liner and the front bumper for the installation of the Fog light housings and lamps.

Old 01-06-2008, 12:12 PM
Hybrid Enthusast

OK, so the big question still is: Are fog lights available?

Old 01-06-2008, 12:44 PM
Need a Plug

The dealer said the car is not wired for them. wanted $1500 to install, included wiring , light and new light control stalk.

I DIM with a switch when I have time.

Old 01-07-2008, 06:16 AM
Enthusiast

Originally Posted by GripperDon
The dealer said the car is not wired for them. wanted $1500 to install, included wiring , light and new light control stalk.

I DIM with a switch when I have time.
i'm pretty sure all Hybrid are NOT WIRED.. but some of those 2.5 with SL or most 3.5 has prewired...

Quick Reply: I can't believe I do not have fog lights.

Contact Us -

• Manage Preferences
  • Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service - Your Privacy Choices -

When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

© 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands