Startup problems/glitch

Search this Thread

Old 09-06-2008, 09:19 AM
Enthusiast
Default Startup problems/glitch

Hello everyone, new to the site here and find it very informative so far. I bought an 08 Altima Hybrid about a month ago and have been loving every moment of driving it.

There is only one thing that worries me sometimes. Every once in a while I will start it up like every other time and the push button display will say on but all the dashboard lights remain on and when I shift into drive or reverse the car just begins to roll but the gas won't work. I have to turn it off and on a few times until it starts up correctly and then everything works as normal.

Any thoughts of what this could be? Something I'm doing wrong or if anyone else has experienced this?

Old 09-06-2008, 10:17 AM
Insipid Enthusiast
Default Re: Startup problems/glitch

Hello Seglect, Welcome.
The issue you speak of is normal. It occures because you do not have the brake pedal fully depressed as you push the on button. I believe it mimicks the old key method when you turn the key to the first position (alternator) and then on to the start. On the NAH when you press the on button once without the brake being applied, you are actually getting to the first position (alternator).
Good Luck

Old 09-06-2008, 05:56 PM
Active Enthusiast

This also happens if you attempt to put it in "drive" before the ready light comes on or put it in drive without pressing start.

It also happens if you forgot to turn it off the last time you drove, pressed start (which was actually turning it off), then put it in gear for the same reasons above. Don't assume this though as the other reasons given are much more likely, but be aware that a few small beeps and a warning light stating that the door is open are the only warnings you get that you are leaving the car on.

Last edited by Ian33; 09-06-2008 at 07:44 PM.
Old 09-06-2008, 06:15 PM
Enthusiast

Thanks for the responses. Those both seem like things I could have been doing without noticing, glad to hear it's nothing major going on.