Old Marketplace Archive This section is closed to new listings.

Is this a good deal or not? 2002 Prius.

Search this Thread

Old 08-09-2009, 03:59 PM
Enthusiast
Default Is this a good deal or not? 2002 Prius.

I found a 2002 Prius for $5000. It has 135,000 miles on it and needs the front tires replaced and also the interior needs to be detailed as the owners are smokers. The outside is spotless, but the inside has a couple cigarette burns and is a little dirty. The owners don't seem to be too trustworthy, so I don't know if they are trying to sell me a lemon. I drove the car and it ran pretty well, and the brakes are at 50%. I have never driven a prius before and felt that it didn't sound as quiet as everyone seems to make out. I don't know if that is indicitive of anything or if that is normal. With the mileage being so high I don't know if I should go fo this deal, but I know that the Prius has been known to go as high as 350,000. I was hoping that somebody could give me some insight as to whether or not this is normal/a good deal.

Thanks.