07 Camry crashes; this one is different

Search this Thread

Old 03-11-2010, 10:01 AM
Pretty Darn Active Enthusiast
Default 07 Camry crashes; this one is different

This one is weird. Somewhere in or near Bristol, CT a 76 year old woman just put her 2007 Camry across the front steps of a Greek Orthodox church, tearing up the concrete steps and landing in an embankment across the street.

Apparently she is sharp as a tack and investigators opined: "this isn't some old lady who mistook the gas for the brake". Her 15 year old grandson was in the passenger seat and vouches for everything grandma said she did to try and stop the car.

There was a video link from Fox CT that re-traced the entire crash path. What jumped out at me was the consistent, uninterrupted single-track skids marks, an unmistakable sign that the emergency brake was set hard.

What's even stranger is there was a point where she traversed some soft landscaping and you can see where the drive wheels dug in to the dirt/mud several inches before grabbing the edge of a sidewalk and propelling the car forward with great force. And again, trailing this path of destruction were two, equally spaced black skid marks where the non-drive wheels were dragged under full lock up.

The report did not specify which type of Camry was involved.

Old 03-11-2010, 10:31 AM
Enthusiast
Default Re: 07 Camry crashes; this one is different

Lisa from "My Cousin Vinny", is that you?

Old 03-11-2010, 10:41 AM

That's funny.

I got stopped one time by the Alabama State Police, on my way back from Meridian, MS, at 5 in the morning, in a rental 300C pimp ride with Georgia tags and a California drivers license.

"My Cousin Vinny" was a documentary. I don't think it's so funny anymore.

Old 03-11-2010, 11:23 PM
Enthusiast

I'm *from* Alabama. When I go back for visits I hope I don't get stopped, I figure when they see my Calif. Driver's License it may prejudice them.

Old 03-12-2010, 12:02 AM

Originally Posted by rmoore
I'm *from* Alabama. When I go back for visits I hope I don't get stopped, I figure when they see my Calif. Driver's License it may prejudice them.
Wow, another thoughtful contribution. Glad I could engage your interest so deeply.

You are a really cool guy there, ah, Richard. I'm pretty sure we have met before. It was second grade right? The playground, remember?

Keep up the good work buddy.