2007 Camry Hybrid P0AE6 TROUBLE CODE WONT START

Search this Thread

Old 01-04-2020, 04:10 PM
Enthusiast
Default 2007 Camry Hybrid P0AE6 TROUBLE CODE WONT START

Hi there I have a 2007 Toyota Camry Hybrid that’s throwing this code. Went outside to go to work and all of a sudden the “Ready” light won’t come on. I replaced the 12v Battery to see if this would correct the problem and it did not. The Hybrid Battery was rebuilt last year and was working okay still throwing “CHECK VSC SYSTEM” “CHECK HYBRID SYSTEM” but when I looked at the codes with our OBD scanner it just said hybrid Battery over temperature. So I cleared the codes and kept driving it not worried.

I recently purchased a cable from amazon that came with the TECHSTREAM program. I’ve got it installed and working but I don’t know what tests to run or where I should be looking for issues. I was told there is a gentleman here with lots of knowledge about my model and year . If he or anyone is still active and can help me out I would greatly appreciate it.

im sorry I’m really flustered right now so I’m probably missing a bunch of key details y’all need so please just fire away and I will try my very best to answer. Please guys I’m extremely desperate this is my only means of transportation and i need it to work asap

Old 01-04-2020, 07:55 PM
Ridiculously Active Enthusiast
Default Re: 2007 Camry Hybrid P0AE6 TROUBLE CODE WONT START

If you're using MiniVCI, simply connect to vehicle and run health check. May take several minutes to complete. All codes will be reported for any PRESENT faults (won't be there if you've cleared them or disconnected 12V).

Old 01-05-2020, 01:40 PM
Enthusiast

Originally Posted by S Keith
If you're using MiniVCI, simply connect to vehicle and run health check. May take several minutes to complete. All codes will be reported for any PRESENT faults (won't be there if you've cleared them or disconnected 12V).

I ran the health check and the following pictures show which appear. that’s a lot of codes should I be worried about the cost of repair?

Old 01-05-2020, 02:03 PM
Enthusiast

The big ones I’m worried about

P0A0D- High Voltage System Inter-Lock Circuit High

P0AE6- Hybrid Battery Precharge Contractor Control Circuit Low

P2519- A/C Request “A” Circuit

C1249- Open In Stop Light Switch Circuit

C1253- Pump Motor Relay Malfunction

C1256- Accumulator Low Pressure

Old 01-05-2020, 02:33 PM

P0A0D usually indicates the safety plug is not installed, or it is not installed properly (once rotated closed, the handle must be slid down into the locked position). This code will prevent vehicle start.

P0AE6 can have multiple causes, but may be due to high resistance in the battery (-) terminal to body.

P2519 indicates a malfunction in the battery cooling fan control circuit, BUT it is secondary to the P0AE6 and can occur because of a P0AE6-225.

You can (double?) click on the little blue snowflake by each code and get additional information that includes -XXX detail codes.

The "C" codes may be secondary to the "P" codes, but they may be issues in and of themselves. The ABS actuators are also an issue on the Camry, and these codes may indicate an issue there, but "C" codes generally aren't the first thing you go after when "P" codes are present.

Given the number of codes with which you're dealing, I recommend you go to https://techinfo.toyota.com/techInfo...tis&_nfpb=true sign up for an account and get a 2 day or 30 day subscription to get full access to all manuals and TSB.

It's conceivable that your (-) battery cable could be the cause of most/all of these.

Old 01-05-2020, 02:55 PM
Enthusiast

P0A0D usually indicates the safety plug is not installed, or it is not installed properly (once rotated closed, the handle must be slid down into the locked position). This code will prevent vehicle start.

P0AE6 can have multiple causes, but may be due to high resistance in the battery (-) terminal to body.

P2519 indicates a malfunction in the battery cooling fan control circuit, BUT it is secondary to the P0AE6 and can occur because of a P0AE6-225.

You can (double?) click on the little blue snowflake by each code and get additional information that includes -XXX detail codes.

The "C" codes may be secondary to the "P" codes, but they may be issues in and of themselves. The ABS actuators are also an issue on the Camry, and these codes may indicate an issue there, but "C" codes generally aren't the first thing you go after when "P" codes are present.

Given the number of codes with which you're dealing, I recommend you go to https://techinfo.toyota.com/techInfo...tis&_nfpb=true sign up for an account and get a 2 day or 30 day subscription to get full access to all manuals and TSB.

It's conceivable that your (-) battery cable could be the cause of most/all of these.

should i get the standard subscription or the pro?? And by (-) battery cable you are referring to the 12v correct?

Old 01-05-2020, 03:07 PM

Standard. Yes. Cable attaching the (-) terminal to the body. Resistance should be less than 1 Ohm.

Old 01-05-2020, 03:44 PM
Enthusiast

Cleaned the cable from oxidation and mounted back to the body. Had to hit start button twice to get ready to come up. It ran for about 30 seconds then engine died .

the following codes appear

P0A08-264 DC/DC Convertor Status Circuit
P0AE6-225 Hybrid Battery Precharge Contractor Control Circuit Low
P2519-766 A/C Request “A” Circuit

Old 01-05-2020, 04:34 PM

Cables can corrode internally. You need to confirm the cable to body ground resistance is less than 1 Ohm.

Then you need to look up EACH of the codes and take the first steps indicated. Some codes will refer you to other codes, such as the P2519 indicating you should pursue the P0AE6 first. P0A08 also indicates P0AE6.

Old 01-05-2020, 04:45 PM
Enthusiast

Cables can corrode internally. You need to confirm the cable to body ground resistance is less than 1 Ohm.

Then you need to look up EACH of the codes and take the first steps indicated. Some codes will refer you to other codes, such as the P2519 indicating you should pursue the P0AE6 first. P0A08 also indicates P0AE6.

okay I’ll check it first thing tomorrow morning. It’s now dark and cold outside. I will also subscribe to TIS and work through each of the codes and keep you updated along the way. Thank you for the suggestions!