6.1 VS 7.1 Nav Disk

Search this Thread

Old 04-24-2008, 07:36 PM
Active Enthusiast
Default Re: 6.1 VS 7.1 Nav Disk

Can someone explain what the difference is from 7.1 and 8.0? Is 8.0 an official toyota version, if so....then I need to talk to toyota about getting an old CD with my 2009 car.

Old 04-25-2008, 02:19 PM
Ridiculously Active Enthusiast

Originally Posted by backupguy
Can someone explain what the difference is from 7.1 and 8.0? Is 8.0 an official toyota version, if so....then I need to talk to toyota about getting an old CD with my 2009 car.
As far as I know, there is no 8.0 version available. The navigation disc is updated in the Fall and is always released at a version that equates to the year it was released. Since this was purchased from Ebay, I strongly suspect the seller was trying to put a quick one or just not too educated on the subject. Heck, the seller might have called it 8.0 because he/she was cool and put the hacked loading.kwi file on the disc (I don't think there is anything more to it but who knows).

I suspect the next disc (if history repeats itself) will be released around October 2008 and will have map data at the v8.1 level.

Mike

Old 04-25-2008, 04:14 PM
Active Enthusiast

Any one know of a 7.1 torrent and associated tracker that works? I have made a few coasters if someone is interested!

Old 04-25-2008, 06:09 PM
Active Enthusiast

Originally Posted by mikieboyblue
As far as I know, there is no 8.0 version available. The navigation disc is updated in the Fall and is always released at a version that equates to the year it was released. Since this was purchased from Ebay, I strongly suspect the seller was trying to put a quick one or just not too educated on the subject. Heck, the seller might have called it 8.0 because he/she was cool and put the hacked loading.kwi file on the disc (I don't think there is anything more to it but who knows).

I suspect the next disc (if history repeats itself) will be released around October 2008 and will have map data at the v8.1 level.

Mike
Thats exactly what it was! Probably the same moron on the toyotanation forum. He made a hybrid disk and decided to call it 8.0 and charge people over there $100 for it! Thats pretty messed up in my opinion!

Old 04-25-2008, 06:26 PM

Originally Posted by raven77
Thats exactly what it was! Probably the same moron on the toyotanation forum. He made a hybrid disk and decided to call it 8.0 and charge people over there $100 for it! Thats pretty messed up in my opinion!
Was it this guy? I was debating contacting him.

Mike

Old 04-25-2008, 06:30 PM

Originally Posted by nyceshirtz
Any one know of a 7.1 torrent and associated tracker that works? I have made a few coasters if someone is interested!
I have been looking since it came out. I have not found the one we need yet. I have only been able to find Toyota/Lexus GEN 5 torrents. We need the GEN 6 U32 disc.

I had just acquired a copy the other day and burnt the disc. It worked...sort of....minus the fact that the voice recognition was busted and the map was stuck with the super useless compass/GPS info screen. It was a GEN 5 as I later found out.

If you find one....PM me. I just want to play with it to see if it is worth purchasing.

Mike

Old 04-25-2008, 06:47 PM
Jer
Don't taze me bro!

Hey everyone, my name is Jer on TS too. Let me start by stating that that crook selling v8.0 discs and I are NOT the same person. Not even close.

That link in post #25 is to the thread I started.

The guy that is selling the v8.0 is a complete douche bag. He started doing that because he was competing with me on eBay and couldn't hack it because he was not as knowledgeable and had less feedback. He also spoke pretty poor English and let's face it, that doesn't make too many people too comfortable about buying such items. So, he started contacting my buyers (prior to me making the auctions private to prevent him from harassing my otherwise happy buyers) to tell them that they just bought an outdated version (v7.1) and that he can sell them the 'newest' v8.0. I reported him to eBay for this and other transgressions which they've either chosen to ignore or to compile more evidence... I can't say.

For those out there that know ANYTHING about these discs (not him obviously) v8.0 is a complete fabrication and doesn't differ from the disc I have in any way. NavTech does the map discs and the compile the information annually and make it available at the start of the following year generally. If anything, the updates come later. v7.1 was released a couple of months ago and anyone who knows knows for a fact that v8.0 does not exist and when the next update is released it will be v8.1 identical to previous versions and probably won't drop until Jan '09 at the earliest. In fact, I happen to know for a fact his v8.0 are the same as my v7.1 for reasons I won't get into. I haven't left him negative feedback for the simple fact that I don't want it in return so we'll just say the guy is VERY shady and leave it at that. If you want the disc please click the link in post #25 of this thread and send me a PM for details. I assure you that there's no funny business with my modified map discs and they work flawlessly exactly as stated.

Not sure how this forum is about posting things like this so I won't start a thread here about this disc because I've had one other forum delete it. It's on a dozen others though that don't seem to have a problem with it as long as everything is handled via PM. So, if you want the newest maps and POI's with the ability to use it ALL while in motion, check out the link in post #25 of this thread, read through it for details and PM me about it.

Old 04-25-2008, 06:51 PM

Originally Posted by Jer
Hey everyone, my name is Jer on TS too. Let me start by stating that that crook selling v8.0 discs and I are NOT the same person. Not even close.

That link in post #25 is to the thread I started.

The guy that is selling the v8.0 is a complete douche bag. He started doing that because he was competing with me on eBay and couldn't hack it because he was not as knowledgeable and had less feedback. He also spoke pretty poor English and let's face it, that doesn't make too many people too comfortable about buying such items. So, he started contacting my buyers (prior to me making the auctions private to prevent him from harassing my otherwise happy buyers) to tell them that they just bought an outdated version (v7.1) and that he can sell them the 'newest' v8.0. I reported him to eBay for this and other transgressions which they've either chosen to ignore or to compile more evidence... I can't say.

For those out there that know ANYTHING about these discs (not him obviously) v8.0 is a complete fabrication and doesn't differ from the disc I have in any way. NavTech does the map discs and the compile the information annually and make it available at the start of the following year generally. If anything, the updates come later. v7.1 was released a couple of months ago and anyone who knows knows for a fact that v8.0 does not exist and when the next update is released it will be v8.1 identical to previous versions and probably won't drop until Jan '09 at the earliest. In fact, I happen to know for a fact his v8.0 are the same as my v7.1 for reasons I won't get into. I haven't left him negative feedback for the simple fact that I don't want it in return so we'll just say the guy is VERY shady and leave it at that. If you want the disc please click the link in post #25 of this thread and send me a PM for details. I assure you that there's no funny business with my modified map discs and they work flawlessly exactly as stated.

Not sure how this forum is about posting things like this so I won't start a thread here about this disc because I've had one other forum delete it. It's on a dozen others though that don't seem to have a problem with it as long as everything is handled via PM. So, if you want the newest maps and POI's with the ability to use it ALL while in motion, check out the link in post #25 of this thread, read through it for details and PM me about it.
And the wonderful InterWeb bestows another.....hi Jer.

Old 04-25-2008, 06:55 PM
Jer
Don't taze me bro!

Originally Posted by mikieboyblue
And the wonderful InterWeb bestows another.....hi Jer.
Hey man! How goes it?

Old 04-25-2008, 07:05 PM

Originally Posted by Jer
Hey man! How goes it?
It's all good. Glad to see you around this forum...I'm too lazy to troll more than one!

Quick Reply: 6.1 VS 7.1 Nav Disk

Contact Us -

• Manage Preferences
  • Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service - Your Privacy Choices -

When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

© 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands