Accessories not available?!?

Search this Thread

Old 09-27-2006, 12:32 PM
Wannabe Enthusiast
Default Accessories not available?!?

Our car is supposed to be delivered tomorrow....no firm word yet, still keeping our fingers crossed. However, in the meantime, I've been swapping e-mails with the sales guy about what accessories are available and what they'd cost.

He's just responded that three accessories listed on the Toyota site -- the body side moulding, the door sill guards and the sunroof wind deflector -- are not available on the 2007 TCH.

From reading various posts here in the forum, this sounds like rubbish to me -- seems like lots of people have the side mouldings, and I've pictures of a car with the door sill guards.

Can anybody verify or deny these rumours? Think I'm getting the run-around...

Old 09-27-2006, 12:44 PM
Enthusiast
Default Re: Accessories not available?!?

Nonsense!!!

They are not available INSTALLED from the factory but they are available from Toyota aftermarket. I ordered and installed BSM on our TCH last week and I have the sill plates on order from an online Toyota dealer. Real Toyota factory accessories just DIY or have the d(s)tealer install them for a price.

Old 09-27-2006, 12:53 PM
Pretty Darn Active Enthusiast

Complete and utter rubbish as made evident by the fact that someone on this forum has a Jasper Pearl with body side mouldings. Since Jasper Pearl is ONLY available on the TCH that cannot be true...

Old 09-27-2006, 12:59 PM
Active Enthusiast

You can go to any of the major toyota parts sites on the web and they list accessories available...
500 for the fob and no accessories? Looks like they need some more training...

Old 09-27-2006, 01:25 PM
Enthusiast

Total rubbish as I have all those items, bought at toyo dealer and self installed.

Old 09-27-2006, 01:42 PM
Wannabe Enthusiast

Thanks, all. It's good to know that my BS Radar is still in good working order. Now the real game is afoot: how to extract these things without paying more...

Old 09-27-2006, 04:12 PM
Ridiculously Active Enthusiast

I have the body side molding - the dealer had it in stock! I had it installed after they finished the 5K service. Just make sure the color code for the molding matches your TCH!

Old 09-27-2006, 04:49 PM
Enthusiast

I've been scouting out Ebay for accessories because you can install so many by yourself. Just look up "2007 Camry" and you'll find quite a few things, but watch out for some stuff which is just plain aftermarket. There seems to be a few Toyota dealers selling their stuff, sometimes it's cheaper, sometimes not.

Here's one other site which I found during a suspension discussion.

http://www.trdparts4u.com/ML-I.aspx

They seem to have almost all the available accessories, and much cheaper than MSRP. They even have the color keyed mud guards. I was about to pay the dealer to install the black ones, because every dealer says that is the only color available if it's not port installed.

Old 09-27-2006, 04:55 PM
Ridiculously Active Enthusiast

The three accessories you mentioned are extremely easy to install, so don't be afraid to purchase those items on EBay and take on those installations yourself. As mentioned, only purchase factory OEM accessories, don't buy the aftermarket stuff.

Just like any other service, if you let the dealer do it (and hence let the dealer take on any responsibility for screwing it up), expect to pay for that service. For example, I installed my own rear lip spoiler, which included drilling holes in the trunk lid, and I did end up putting a small scratch on the car. but if the dealer had made that same mistake, they would be painting the trunk lid to fix the problem.