Air Conditioner Question

Search this Thread

Old 06-19-2007, 05:58 PM
Along for the ride.....
Default Air Conditioner Question

I have noticed a lot of the time when I turn the car on the AC decides to go into recycle mode rather than draw fresh air. Since I rarely use the ventilation in recycle mode (except for dead skunks or smoke), I was wondering if there is a setting to change it so it always uses outside air? I don't mind it if it takes a little longer to cool the interior.

Thanks

Old 06-19-2007, 07:08 PM
HSD Organic Interface
Default Re: Air Conditioner Question

Yes, it's a dealer changeable setting. Many here have had it done; if you search the forum for past threads you'll find more info.

Old 06-20-2007, 03:12 AM
Along for the ride.....

I did try a search but came up empty - probably wasn't using the same words to describe the issue. I've asked my dealer and they said just don't leave the AC on the lowest setting and it won't choose recirculate (which isn't correct as it does it when I have it in ECO mode too which, of course, you can't use on the lowest setting).

I would love to get the workaround so i can walk in - hand it to them and say - do this...

Thanks

Old 06-20-2007, 04:49 AM
Active Enthusiast

Ask your dealer to change the air inlet mode setting to "manual." It should take all of 10 minutes. Some (including me) have had it done at no charge.

Old 06-20-2007, 05:14 AM
Enthusiast

Originally Posted by Mainer
I have noticed a lot of the time when I turn the car on the AC decides to go into recycle mode rather than draw fresh air. Since I rarely use the ventilation in recycle mode (except for dead skunks or smoke), I was wondering if there is a setting to change it so it always uses outside air? I don't mind it if it takes a little longer to cool the interior.

Thanks
Are you in Auto mode? Why not just let the system do its' job? In my experience the recirc only turns on when there is a large difference between cabin air and the temp setting. It turns off again when the cabin air catches up. Or if I don't want it on for some reason I'll either kick up the temp or take 2 seconds and reach over to turn it off, which still keeps it in Auto mode.

Old 06-20-2007, 06:47 AM
Enthusiast

Originally Posted by Mainer

Thanks
Mainer If you go to page 3 on the TCH threads you will see a thread called "Re: Need Advice / info on TCH". If you go to post #33 Mikieboyblue replied to this question about the "RECIRC" mode that I asked but also posted a great PDF of all the changes that can be done. I am like you where I do not use the recirc mode often. Most dealers will do this at no charge. I printed the PDF and gave it to my dealer for the changes I wanted.