Alarm System Add-on Question

Search this Thread

Old 07-30-2006, 07:12 AM
Enthusiast
Question Alarm System Add-on Question

I'm taking the plunge tomorrow to go and put down a deposit on my Mag Gray TCH. It's a standard TCH with very few options (e.g. mudguards, floormats). One option that is still questionable to me is the Alarm System. If the standard TCH has the Smart Keyless Entry System & Engine Immobilizer then is the Alarm System (a $369 option) neccessary? Searching the web shows that the Smart Key System has a Panic button but does it arm the car? Any comments are appreciated!

Old 07-30-2006, 12:14 PM
HSD Organic Interface
Default Re: Alarm System Add-on Question

I have it on my TCH. It's just a basic noise maker to scare away kids if they mess with it. The engine immobilizer is going to prevent everyone except the most determined theft. The alarm is basically going to discourage kids from messing around and causing too much damage thinking they can start it or steal something out of it.

Old 07-30-2006, 09:25 PM
Enthusiast
Default Re: Alarm System Add-on Question

Thanks for the info Andy. I'll go ahead and get the Alarm option then. For $369, at least it will buy me a peace of mine when my beloved TCH is parked in a deserted, dark public parking spot. Cheers!