Beware of Magentic Grey

Search this Thread

Old 06-15-2007, 11:40 AM
Ridiculously Active Enthusiast
Default Re: Beware of Magentic Grey

Well, let's see... I got my car on Tuesday, and washed it the first time on Wednesday (no joke - it had bugs on it!), so I figure if I had one of the colours (note Canadian spelling) that shows dirt easier, I probably would have been washing it by Tuesday evening.

Old 06-15-2007, 12:16 PM
Active Enthusiast

I had a Lexus RX330 in Flint Mica which was beautiful with lots of metallic sparkle. I had an unfortunate accident. The body shop had to paint it twice! I traded the car shortly thereafter. I could always see the flaws.

Old 06-15-2007, 06:47 PM
Active Enthusiast

Yup, I was going after the magnetic color, but I am really glad I ended up with the titanium, I can barely see any dirt on it...

Old 06-15-2007, 06:48 PM
AKM
Somewhat hard driver

I don't find it bad either and I don't always wash my car ever week.

Everyone who has seen it complements the color.

Old 06-15-2007, 07:30 PM
Active Enthusiast

Actually, I didn't mean to imply that the Mag Grey wasn't working for me, it's just that it is a lot of work to keep looking good. It does take more maintenance, which isn't too much of a problem for me since I frequently wash and wax (and now dust) my vehicle. But for somebody looking for a more maintenance free finish, silver, beige, or white is best.

Old 06-15-2007, 09:28 PM
Active Enthusiast

My two bits on car colors:

I have a black TCH. Does it show dirt? Well, yeah. Probably lots more than mag gray. I don't care. When it's dirty, my car looks like any car, but when I clean and wax, it's fabulous.

My previous Toyota was black, too - I had it for 17 years.

Any car looks dirty when it's dirty. I've had grays and whites, and light and dark blues, and one red. I don't think anyone's fooled into thinking a light colored car looks clean when it's not. But when a dark paint job is gleaming, it's special.

There's nothing wrong with any TCH color. I like all of the TCH's colors. But mag gray is gorgeous, shows the car's lines well, has those sparkly chips floating in the paint, and just looks serious.

But that's just me!

Old 06-16-2007, 09:05 AM
Enthusiast

Originally Posted by LEAKYTCH
Actually, I didn't mean to imply that the Mag Grey wasn't working for me, it's just that it is a lot of work to keep looking good. It does take more maintenance, which isn't too much of a problem for me since I frequently wash and wax (and now dust) my vehicle. But for somebody looking for a more maintenance free finish, silver, beige, or white is best.
Easy fix! just don't drive the friggan car and it will stay clean! ROTFFLMAO

Old 06-16-2007, 09:08 AM
HSD Organic Interface

Originally Posted by daveosborne
My two bits on car colors:

I have a black TCH. Does it show dirt? Well, yeah. Probably lots more than mag gray. I don't care. When it's dirty, my car looks like any car, but when I clean and wax, it's fabulous.

My previous Toyota was black, too - I had it for 17 years.

Any car looks dirty when it's dirty. I've had grays and whites, and light and dark blues, and one red. I don't think anyone's fooled into thinking a light colored car looks clean when it's not. But when a dark paint job is gleaming, it's special.

There's nothing wrong with any TCH color. I like all of the TCH's colors. But mag gray is gorgeous, shows the car's lines well, has those sparkly chips floating in the paint, and just looks serious.

But that's just me!
I agree 100%. On top of that, light colours do nothing for me. White, silver, or beige are permanently off my list, never owned, never will. In Canada seemlingly there's a law that 80% of Hondas have to be silver or beige, so I've been brainwashed over the years to dislike Honda for no good reason.

Old 06-16-2007, 08:11 PM
Enthusiast

I've had my Mag Gray for just over a month now, and I love the color and get loads of compliments on it. True, I have actually dusted it, but it looks so pretty when it's clean that I don't mind. It's a beautiful, sophisticated color. Enjoy it!

Old 06-17-2007, 10:39 AM
Ridiculously Active Enthusiast

My car is Desert Sand Mica, I bought that color specifically for the reason of dirt not showing since I work in a very dusty environment. However, Mag Grey is the best looking color IMHO. If I worked in a cleaner environment, I would definitely have gone for Mag Grey.

Quick Reply: Beware of Magentic Grey

Contact Us -

• Manage Preferences
  • Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service - Your Privacy Choices -

When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

© 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands