Beware of Magentic Grey

Search this Thread

Old 07-15-2007, 12:17 AM
Active Enthusiast
Default Re: Beware of Magentic Grey

Originally Posted by TomS
On the other hand, I find my Aloe Green hybrid to
Aloe Green? I thought the Hybrid only had the Jasper Pearl available. Is your green "bright"?

Old 07-15-2007, 06:54 AM
Active Enthusiast
Default Re: Beware of Magnetic Grey

rburt07 - you live in Southern New Mexico? I was born in Las Cruces, and my mother was raised in Silver City. Whereabouts are you?

I have the best of both worlds. My Jasper Pearl is a gorgeous color, and doesn't show the dirt too badly either. And, it looks fabulous clean!

Old 07-15-2007, 07:15 AM
Ridiculously Active Enthusiast

Im here in Alamogordo, actually 8 miles from town. Our car may be here in a few days. A worker at the dealer said they had 12 coming in on a convoy in the next few days. I mentioned to my wife, when it comes in, lets drive it over to Cruces to eat. I want to try various gearing down using the B for Brake to really charge up the batteries going down the mountain over there. One toyota tech said in B it only puts you on the electric motor to generate to the batteries. It don't involve the brakes at all. Sure felt like it did on the test drive. I will try to find out though I'm a gear down person and a coaster. I only used the brakes at about 15 mph or less to stop.

I bet your Jasper Pearl THC does look really great. The last few years I been using some that gold car wash from walmart automotive. For a quick soapy bucketwash using a towel then rinsing it sure makes the car shine for about a week. Some water tends to spot so we use a few towels to dry it with. Nothing like driving a clean car around.

Say where did you move to?

Old 07-15-2007, 08:02 AM
Ridiculously Active Enthusiast

Originally Posted by beng
rmorrow, can you please explain what the super hard clear coat is? Are you refering to the paint protection that the dealer sells or are you actually getting a body shop to spray on another layer of clear coat? Either way, if you don't mind, can you tell us how much it costed you.

Thanks
It's not from the dealer. It's applied by a detailing shop (Ziebart), and is supposed to add protection to the paint from sratches and chips, and is supposed to maintain the shine, never needing waxing for 5 years. I think its applied by hand as a liquid, and then machine buffed when it dries. I paid $250 CDN for it. So far, its living up to the promise, but its only been on a few weeks.

Old 07-15-2007, 09:17 AM
Enthusiast

Originally Posted by n8kwx
Aloe Green? I thought the Hybrid only had the Jasper Pearl available. Is your green "bright"?

Yes, I guess Aloe Green is only offered in Canada for the Hybrid. I have heard from others that it is not available in the USA. It is a subtle grey-green color, not like Jasper Pearl, and much of the time it looks like a grey silver type of color. It seems to depend on the surroundings. I get lots of positive comments from just about anyone who sees it for the first time.

Old 07-15-2007, 10:04 PM
Active Enthusiast

Hey Tom! I have seen the Aloe Green on non hybrids here in the SF Bay Area. Very pretty color and distinctive from the lots of silver cars here. As someone who bicycled for many years I am very conscious of wanting to be visible at the mall parking lot or on the road even to the "ticket-givers". Ironically, my Raspberry Red Previa was hit at night....

Old 07-20-2007, 11:07 AM
Enthusiast

I use the "Original California Car Duster" on my black TCH and it does a great job of keeping it clean. Really picks up all the dirt and keeps it clean between washings. They also make a smaller one for dashes. Got them both at local WalMart.