BT phone was silent

Search this Thread

Old 03-12-2008, 09:32 AM
Ridiculously Active Enthusiast
Default Re: BT phone was silent

Yes, an icon appears on the screen (as it does with most Blue Tooth enabled devices)

Old 03-12-2008, 09:41 AM
Keeping Toyota Solvent

Originally Posted by haroldo
For me it was the Treo (Palm) which has been 100% reliable since the ROM update.
I blame the car, since rebooting it caused the problem to go away.
I know that the BT connection is a bit iffy until the "Welcome to Camry" display (non-NAV) disappears.
Make sure there aren't any uncleared ALERTs displayed on the Palm's screen. If there is it won't make/receive BT calls. This sucks but it's a Palm issue and not the TCH. It's partularly annoying if the phone is one a purse or gym bag since you can't see what's on the screen. Eventually you get (on the NAV version) a message that says the call failed check the phone but that takes almost 30 seconds to a minute to appear.

Old 03-12-2008, 10:02 AM

I'm aware of the uncleared alerts bug.
In the situation I had the other day nothing worked, not even the talk button (which you would use to set up a new phone, etc.)

Old 03-12-2008, 03:00 PM
Enthusiast

I found a way to consistently replicate this problem. If I start driving the car within a second or two of the "ready" light coming on then this problem always occurs. If I wait (not sure) 5 seconds? from the appearance of the "ready" light before I begin to drive then everything is fine.

Old 03-12-2008, 03:03 PM

So it's the fact that the car is put in gear too quickly that kills the BT sound?

Old 03-13-2008, 04:33 AM
Enthusiast

So it's the fact that the car is put in gear too quickly that kills the BT sound?
Yep. If I wait until the "Welcome to Camry" runs across the screen (I don't have Nav) then it's fine. If I put it into gear and start moving before that is done, or at least before it gets "to Camry" then I have that problem. It is consistent (at least for my car ). It's not a problem, now that I understand what causes it, but I'm surprised, I would have thought that any bluetooth booting/handshake would still fully complete regardless of how soon I move out of "park." Again I am talking about the same symptoms you mentioned, the car and RAZR phone both show the active bluetooth linkage but the bluetooth aspect of the car is completely silent (on my side) even though the phone will dial out and the other person can hear me.

Old 03-13-2008, 04:59 AM

Yes, thanks for the thorough follow through on this bug.
I'll have to add this into the FAQ, since I imagine this bug will be tripped over by a number of others.

Old 03-13-2008, 07:22 AM
Active Enthusiast

maybe ts related to the things you can't do while moving; i.e., setting a destination with the nav, modifying the telephone settings). if the pairing between the phone and car wasn't completed by the time you shifted into Drive, maybe toyota (in its infinite wisdom) locks that out as well.

Old 03-13-2008, 09:30 AM
Enthusiast

I have non-NAV and I get a connection symbol, it shows signal strength too, every time I use Bluetooth. I usually wait until the "Welcome to Camry' text goes away then I connect and have had no problems.

Old 03-14-2008, 05:48 AM

Originally Posted by dkaiser
I found a way to consistently replicate this problem. If I start driving the car within a second or two of the "ready" light coming on then this problem always occurs. If I wait (not sure) 5 seconds? from the appearance of the "ready" light before I begin to drive then everything is fine.
FWIW...I tried to replicate it, but couldn't.

Quick Reply: BT phone was silent

Contact Us -

• Manage Preferences
  • Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service - Your Privacy Choices -

When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

© 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands