Center console

Search this Thread

Old 05-18-2008, 07:32 AM
Active Enthusiast
Default Re: Center console

Originally Posted by Smilin' Jack
Thanks, John, and you were correct: online for $158. Mine is leather, however, and that's about $20 more, and it does not look like the hinge and slider assembly is available separately. Did it appear to you that the hinge and slider assembly would have worked with your original standard armrest lid ?

Jack
Well, maybe if you disassembed the original lid... For me the time this would have taken wouldn't have been worth the extra $20.

If you look at the underside of the original lid you will see a depression where if you have tall items in the bin underneath use can use this extra space. In the sliding armrest pictures I posted, you'll see that the underside is flat to contain the rolling mechanism.
They also use a thicker spring to compensate for the extra weight. It's strong enough that if I forget to close the lid and drive off, I don't get hit by the lid wanting to close the first time I hit the brakes (which did happen once with the original armrest )

Old 05-18-2008, 08:24 AM
Active Enthusiast

Smilin Jack, Could you put a link up of where you found the sliding arm rest. I would like to do this mod but I have been having trouble finding the part. thanks!

Old 05-18-2008, 12:50 PM
Enthusiast

Originally Posted by cngrevolution
Smilin Jack, Could you put a link up of where you found the sliding arm rest. I would like to do this mod but I have been having trouble finding the part. thanks!
http://www.trademotion.com/partlocat...07&catalogid=2

Old 05-18-2008, 01:07 PM
Active Enthusiast

thanks! I saw that but was not sure if that was the right one. Now the question is does it come with the sliding system. meaning if i bought that one is it just plug n play? can I just unbolt the old one and bolt this one on?

Old 05-18-2008, 01:11 PM
Pretty Darn Active Enthusiast

Here's the link to the site I found.

http://www.trademotion.com/partlocat...08&catalogid=2

The prices here seem a bit lower than the ones on the site posted by Skywagon.

Old 05-18-2008, 01:18 PM
Active Enthusiast

that is a bit cheaper! Every penny counts these days!

Old 05-18-2008, 01:21 PM

thanks! I saw that but was not sure if that was the right one. Now the question is does it come with the sliding system. meaning if i bought that one is it just plug n play? can I just unbolt the old one and bolt this one on?
Re. the "bolt right in" question, it would seem so from the post here by John312 and others, and the illustrations on the link I posted a few minutes ago seem consistent with that.

Perhaps John312 could confirm.

Old 05-18-2008, 01:24 PM
Active Enthusiast

I just looked at john's pictures and it seems that its a one piece item. I am thinking about ordering one and see how it goes.

Old 05-18-2008, 02:01 PM

I just looked at john's pictures and it seems that its a one piece item. I am thinking about ordering one and see how it goes.
I am also.

And, I probably will go the extra $ for the leather. That way I will be sure it will work, and I'll wind up with a spare armrest cover to put on for resale if I wear one out.

Old 05-18-2008, 02:12 PM
Active Enthusiast

Yeah I will do the leather as well so it will match right. Good idea about keeping the original one as a spare, I was thinking i would sell it on ebay but maybe keeping it is a better idea.

Quick Reply: Center console

Contact Us -

• Manage Preferences
  • Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service - Your Privacy Choices -

When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

© 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands