Driving's a TCH is relaxing

Search this Thread

Old 08-10-2006, 11:19 AM
Ridiculously Active Enthusiast
Default Driving's a TCH is relaxing

I've noticed that I've become a much more relaxed driver now that I have the TCH. Made the realization this morning. I was on a four lane road with no one behind me when I started coasting about 1/2 mile from a stop sign. Because of the light traffic and the extra lane I didn't feel like I was holding any one up. Used to be that if I were coming to a stop sign I'd be rushing to quickly make my right turn because I didn't want to be stuck in back of someone slow. Now I don't mind waiting. It let's me get behind others so I won't hold anyone up if I want to ride at a speed that allows me to go electric. Sitting on the freeway at 55-60 in the right lane used to be unheard of, but I do it now. Yesterday I saw blue lights come on from the median and my pulse didn't even speed up at all, knew it wasn't for me.

Perhaps I should get a hybrid discount on my health insurance.

Old 08-10-2006, 11:37 AM
Pretty Darn Active Enthusiast
Default Re: Driving's a TCH is relaxing

Hehehe, I feel the same way.

Old 08-10-2006, 11:38 AM
Pretty Darn Active Enthusiast

I feel the same way. It has made my road rage go away. Now I look at people behind me getting made and thinking they have some nerve, aftert all I AM doing the speed limit!

Old 08-10-2006, 04:14 PM

I agree...but now I get bent out of shape when I am cruising along on a 2-lane 55mph limit road and someone pulls out in front of me forcing me to slow down (and of course causing me to increase my speed once again). It makes me super-pissed when they do this, and then a mile later, they slow down and turn off once again (especially when there wasn't ANYONE behind me)!

This actually always pissed me off, but now it is for a different reason.

Old 08-10-2006, 04:39 PM
Active Enthusiast

The next time you go through an intersection and someone in an oncoming lane makes a left hand turn right in front of you causing your hair to stand on end and/or you to have to brake to avoid hitting them, immediately take a look in your rear view mirror. I gaurantee you that 9 times out of 10 there will be at least a 1/2 mile gap between you and any other approaching traffic behind you. Meaning that if that person making the left hand turn had waited two seconds for you to pass, they could have made a safe, leisurely turn without risking anyone's life and limb.

Old 08-10-2006, 05:22 PM

Originally Posted by dalerb
The next time you go through an intersection and someone in an oncoming lane makes a left hand turn right in front of you causing your hair to stand on end and/or you to have to brake to avoid hitting them, immediately take a look in your rear view mirror. I gaurantee you that 9 times out of 10 there will be at least a 1/2 mile gap between you and any other approaching traffic behind you. Meaning that if that person making the left hand turn had waited two seconds for you to pass, they could have made a safe, leisurely turn without risking anyone's life and limb.
^^^^Exactly why it pisses me off so much!!!!^^^^

Old 08-10-2006, 08:34 PM
Active Enthusiast

OMG, I know how everyone feels! I became a much safer driver when I didn't have a car out here in Columbus and occassionally drove the boyfriend's Beetle. I was like, ok, drive safe, it's not yours. it also got my accelerating to the stop thing down because it didn't have as much power as my Accord V6.

Now, I'm on the freeway, and I'm like, the middle lane won't go more than two miles over the speed limit, I like to go about five, and the left lane won't go less than 10 miles over! I'm like, come on! I need to maintain a constant speed or my FE will drop!

We're afflicted, you guys all realize this right? It's some kind of disease. hahaha. But a good one!

Old 08-10-2006, 08:39 PM
Active Enthusiast

You guys are cracking me up.

I know exactly what you mean....I am so determined to see that "EXCELLENT" every time I get out of the car. LOL....it's changed my way of driving. Speed is not a factor, driving safely is more a matter of course now as Kinetic Driving as I call it (aka gliding) certainly gives you more control over the car - as you are at slower speeds....and God help me....the slower speed is more fun.
It tickles me that every drive in my car is like playing a game - a game of traffic managment, driving skills, and MPG......EXCELLENT.

Byron

Old 08-10-2006, 11:09 PM
Enthusiast

While I enjoy driving the car, I do find it a bit stressful due to the constant monitoring of the various fuel efficiency gauges, the need to keep a vigilant eye on the impatient driver behind me and, oh yes, the need to see what lies up the road ahead. Sometime soon, I might just try driving my TCH the same way I used to drive any other car. I wonder if my fuel efficiency will even suffer. I wonder if I am capable of exercising enough self-restraint to just ignore the gauges.

RoLev

Old 08-10-2006, 11:13 PM
Active Enthusiast

I suspect that soon we'll all know how to drive the car without having to look at the gagues...it will simply be an added driving skill...like parallel parking or driving a stick....you think about how to do it until you get the hang of it, eventually it becomes second nature.

My two cents.

Byron

Quick Reply: Driving's a TCH is relaxing

Contact Us -

• Manage Preferences
  • Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service - Your Privacy Choices -

When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

© 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands