Driving's a TCH is relaxing

Search this Thread

Old 08-11-2006, 06:58 AM
Pretty Darn Active Enthusiast
Default Re: Driving's a TCH is relaxing

Originally Posted by RoLev
While I enjoy driving the car, I do find it a bit stressful due to the constant monitoring of the various fuel efficiency gauges, the need to keep a vigilant eye on the impatient driver behind me and, oh yes, the need to see what lies up the road ahead. Sometime soon, I might just try driving my TCH the same way I used to drive any other car. I wonder if my fuel efficiency will even suffer. I wonder if I am capable of exercising enough self-restraint to just ignore the gauges.

RoLev
It sometimes raises my stress level too. Riding in the car with my wife streeses me out more. Im like DONT PRESS THE GAS! KEEP IT IN EV MODE!!!

Old 08-11-2006, 07:03 AM
Ridiculously Active Enthusiast
Default Re: Driving's a TCH is relaxing

Originally Posted by FL07THC
It sometimes raises my stress level too. Riding in the car with my wife streeses me out more. Im like DONT PRESS THE GAS! KEEP IT IN EV MODE!!!
I generally drive when I'm with my wife, but I find that I drive it a lot differently with her in the car. I probably drive a little slower but I'm not doing many of the things I'd normally do to increase the mileage.

Old 08-11-2006, 02:32 PM
Active Enthusiast
Default Re: Driving a TCH is relaxing

Originally Posted by dalerb
The next time you go through an intersection and someone in an oncoming lane makes a left hand turn right in front of you causing your hair to stand on end and/or you to have to brake to avoid hitting them, immediately take a look in your rear view mirror. I gaurantee you that 9 times out of 10 there will be at least a 1/2 mile gap between you and any other approaching traffic behind you. Meaning that if that person making the left hand turn had waited two seconds for you to pass, they could have made a safe, leisurely turn without risking anyone's life and limb.
Maybe they were hypermiling and didn't want to come to a complete stop... jk...

Old 08-11-2006, 03:14 PM
Active Enthusiast
Default Re: Driving a TCH is relaxing

Originally Posted by wallpad
Maybe they were hypermiling and didn't want to come to a complete stop... jk...
Of course! It's only the hybrid drivers who do this. I can't believe I never noticedt that before!