How many miles/Kms when you took delivery?

Search this Thread

Old 10-18-2006, 05:29 PM
Active Enthusiast
Default Re: How many miles/Kms when you took delivery?

Mine had 6 miles

Old 10-18-2006, 06:13 PM
Enthusiast

Mine had 6 kms.

I am told the dealer's storage lot is about 2 kms away. My guess the distance travelled from the factory in Japan to the dealer's storage lot is 4 kms.

Old 10-18-2006, 06:40 PM
Currency-to-hydrocarbons

6 miles... Beginning to see a pattern here??

Old 10-18-2006, 07:59 PM
Active Enthusiast

I guess I am the champion here with 204 miles on the car ... and I probably put 40 or 50 on it myself with the test drive. Yes I did take a long test drive as I wanted to be sure that it has the umpf to take the mountains that we have to cross to get almost anywhere here in the Yakima Valley in Eastern Washington. (being rural freeway, we had to wait for a place to turn around!) It was also on the lot for at least a week... someone had special ordered it then couldn't take it so it had several test drives, but I was the lucky one!

Old 10-18-2006, 08:34 PM
Enthusiast

4 miles on mine.

Old 10-18-2006, 09:28 PM
Enthusiast

Ours had 28 km on it. I was puzzled; when we first saw the car, it was still partially covered with shipping paper and the side mirrors were not yet installed. So I am sure no one has test driven the car at that point. Yet it had 28 km on it. I asked why and the sales person just said that's normal. Looking at other numbers posted here, it seems to be on the high side.

Old 10-18-2006, 10:58 PM
HSD Organic Interface

Originally Posted by greencat
Ours had 28 km on it. I was puzzled; when we first saw the car, it was still partially covered with shipping paper and the side mirrors were not yet installed. So I am sure no one has test driven the car at that point. Yet it had 28 km on it. I asked why and the sales person just said that's normal. Looking at other numbers posted here, it seems to be on the high side.
Could depend on how many times it gets moved around. I work near a GM assembly plant and I often see convoys of cars still wrapped in plastic scooting thru town depending on whether they are headed to parking lots, trains, or auto carriers.

Old 10-19-2006, 01:31 AM
Active Enthusiast

18 miles.
This wasn't as bad as my 97 Mercury Sable (built in Chicago and delivered to a Chicago Suburb) which had 78 miles on it when I saw it backed off the carrier. It had a sticker on the window stating that it had been "randomly selected for road testing". It was a special order so I knew the VIN before it was built. It was a good car, I sold it to friends after 220,000 miles.

Old 10-19-2006, 04:39 AM
Ridiculously Active Enthusiast

Mine had 23 miles on it. I can't understand why as I picked up the car the day it arrived at the dealership. When I was there purchasing my car I first wanted to test drive a new Prius that was sitting there. They wouldn't let me because it was sold to a customer so I'm guessing they wouldn't let someone test drive my car.

Old 10-19-2006, 04:50 AM
Pretty Darn Active Enthusiast

Mine had 17 mi, but about 7 of those were from my test drive.

Quick Reply: How many miles/Kms when you took delivery?

Contact Us -

• Manage Preferences
  • Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service - Your Privacy Choices -

When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

© 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands