It just won't end!!!!

Search this Thread

Old 10-05-2007, 12:08 PM
Roy
Active Enthusiast
Default It just won't end!!!!

I posted before my problems with the voice recognition while useing the bluetooth. Then there was the nav system leaving out major highways and junctions, like the NJTP and the GSP. Anyway after a month of repeated visits to the selling dealer it became evident that they didn't have a clue. I took it a dealer in MA. Took them 10 minutes to diagnose the problem, there is a tsb on it. Solution replace the disc with a new one that has the updates. Problem is, been waiting over two weeks and still no disc. My wife is leaving for FL next Friday, it would be nice if the toy's all work. Stuff like this just burns my a**!

Okay I'm done, just had to vent.

Old 10-05-2007, 12:30 PM
Ridiculously Active Enthusiast
Default Re: It just won't end!!!!

Originally Posted by Roy
I posted before my problems with the voice recognition while useing the bluetooth. Then there was the nav system leaving out major highways and junctions, like the NJTP and the GSP. Anyway after a month of repeated visits to the selling dealer it became evident that they didn't have a clue. I took it a dealer in MA. Took them 10 minutes to diagnose the problem, there is a tsb on it. Solution replace the disc with a new one that has the updates. Problem is, been waiting over two weeks and still no disc. My wife is leaving for FL next Friday, it would be nice if the toy's all work. Stuff like this just burns my a**!

Okay I'm done, just had to vent.
Do you know what version the update is that has the fixes you're after? Is it the 7.1 version?

Old 10-06-2007, 04:41 AM
Roy
Active Enthusiast

Originally Posted by rmorrow
Do you know what version the update is that has the fixes you're after? Is it the 7.1 version?
I don't know what version it is. But, I did get the TSB#, ELO12-06. It has to do with the car being shown in the wrong location according to what the tech said. He went on to say that they have found that it clears up a bunch of nav problems as well as a strong possibility of it fixing the bluetooth issue. I wasn't aware that the bluetooth had anything to do with the nav disc but with the disc removed no bluetooth. ymmv

Old 10-08-2007, 05:59 AM

It sounds like that 5.1 to 6.1 fix...If anyone has more detail on that TSB I would be interested in knowing if I could get a 7.1 disc as I have the same problem with the NJTP and GSP.

Old 10-08-2007, 04:06 PM
Roy
Active Enthusiast

Originally Posted by mikieboyblue
It sounds like that 5.1 to 6.1 fix...If anyone has more detail on that TSB I would be interested in knowing if I could get a 7.1 disc as I have the same problem with the NJTP and GSP.
Am heading south this weekend. Maybe it is only the northbound.

Old 10-09-2007, 10:33 AM

Originally Posted by Roy
Am heading south this weekend. Maybe it is only the northbound.
Eh, maybe. I used Google directions on the way down to OBX. I did allow the NAV to plot a route and it wanted to take me quite a way inland rather than follow the coast and it did not like the Ches. bridge/tunnel.

On the way back we had to make a detour to the Ches. Regional Airport and it got us there very well. It also got us out but it took some rather "back" farm roads.

Let me know how it does.

BTW, Google directions are rather crappy too.

Old 10-09-2007, 11:59 AM
Roy
Active Enthusiast

Eh, maybe. I used Google directions on the way down to OBX. I did allow the NAV to plot a route and it wanted to take me quite a way inland rather than follow the coast and it did not like the Ches. bridge/tunnel.

On the way back we had to make a detour to the Ches. Regional Airport and it got us there very well. It also got us out but it took some rather "back" farm roads.

Let me know how it does.

BTW, Google directions are rather crappy too.
Will do. Gotta tell ya, I really like the car, more importantly my wife likes it. But, I was in a 06 Charger SRT8 that had a nav/bluetooth that was flawless. This one is truly a pia, wouldn't be so bad if the dealers knew how to repair them. I'd venture I have spent in excess of 20 hours in service depts. in FL and MA trying to get this thing fixed.

Old 10-09-2007, 05:33 PM

Originally Posted by Roy
Will do. Gotta tell ya, I really like the car, more importantly my wife likes it. But, I was in a 06 Charger SRT8 that had a nav/bluetooth that was flawless. This one is truly a pia, wouldn't be so bad if the dealers knew how to repair them. I'd venture I have spent in excess of 20 hours in service depts. in FL and MA trying to get this thing fixed.
Yeah, I hear you. It is a hard one to debug though. I have not had any problems with the bluetooth. Have a safe trip.

Old 10-10-2007, 05:19 AM
Roy
Active Enthusiast

Yeah, I hear you. It is a hard one to debug though. I have not had any problems with the bluetooth. Have a safe trip.
Well, it became more difficult.
I was at a dealer late yesterday and a factory rep was there and says the new disc in the tsb was a step backwards from what I had. Bottom line on the whole mess, it is what it is. After going for short ride he said I should turn off the ac, turn the vents down, slow down so the outside noise would lessen. Said the problem of the car being on one road and the nav showing the car on another was caused by the sat, and that he had not heard of it skipping exits on the interstate. I guess the tsb for that issue must realign's the sats.(sarcasm)

So, to use the bluetooth I have to pull over and shut down the car to quiet any background noise. I wonder if the traffic going by will cause problems, maybe I have to put up a sound barrier around the car as well. lol.

Regards the nav, gotta get a trip ticket from AAA to augment a $1,300 pos. Guess it is time to ask Toyota to buy me a Garmin.