Lurch When Motor Turned Off???

Search this Thread

Old 02-23-2010, 02:16 PM
Enthusiast
Default Re: Lurch When Motor Turned Off???

The "lurch" you are describing occurs in almost all cars, as there will be a small amount of forward movement of the wheels when the brakes are released after the shift lever is placed in Park. I would assume you do use the brakes to come to a stop before you turn off the car and not just push the shift lever into park ( not even sure if that is possible).
If the amount of movement is concerning to you, I would suggest letting off the brake a little easier after you put the car in Park. If you find yourself frequently parking on hills you may want to engage the parking brake before letting off the regular brakes.

Related Topics
Thread
Topic Starter
Forum
Replies
Last Post
Adamgardiner85
HCH II-Specific Discussions
05-09-2015 06:57 AM
uptownvideo
Ford Escape Hybrid
07-31-2013 11:43 AM
Canuck
GM Hybrid Trucks, Cadillac Escalade Hybrid, Chevrolet Tahoe Hybrid & GMC Yukon Hybrid
09-27-2009 10:17 PM
honda hybrid ny
HCH II-Specific Discussions
02-07-2007 07:12 PM
rjivey
Toyota Camry Hybrid
08-28-2006 04:16 PM

Quick Reply: Lurch When Motor Turned Off???

Contact Us -

• Manage Preferences
  • Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service - Your Privacy Choices -

When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

© 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands