Major Malfunction updates (!)

Search this Thread

Old 08-06-2006, 11:09 AM
Enthusiast
Default Re: Major Malfunction updates (!)

NEW INFO... I still don't have my TCH back starting week 4 now. The latest info I have is next Tuesday the Toyota tech team is going to bring over another TCH to compare several readings and voltages and perhaps scalp some parts if needed. I'm to the point that I think I would rather have the TCH used for the comparison than the one I own. I’m discouraged but my hope is that my experience is isolated.

Detroit has a much better track record than this. Well, I guess I have to wait and see and hope the rumor that Yugo Inc. recently purchased Toyota isn’t true.

Old 08-06-2006, 12:07 PM
Ridiculously Active Enthusiast

Originally Posted by Norb
NEW INFO... I still don't have my TCH back starting week 4 now. The latest info I have is next Tuesday the Toyota tech team is going to bring over another TCH to compare several readings and voltages and perhaps scalp some parts if needed. I'm to the point that I think I would rather have the TCH used for the comparison than the one I own. I’m discouraged but my hope is that my experience is isolated.

Detroit has a much better track record than this. Well, I guess I have to wait and see and hope the rumor that Yugo Inc. recently purchased Toyota isn’t true.
Norb,

Why do you keep posting the same thing? This is the third time that you have posted the same update...

Old 08-07-2006, 12:18 PM
Active Enthusiast

NORB.. We ALL share your pain!.. This must be awful.. NOT knowing what is causing the problem. I can't see why technicians can't seem to troubleshoot this problem in a day or two or there should be some escalation like a factory REP involvement or at the very least the SERVICE MANAGER AND THE DEALERSHIP OWNER to help you. While it's nice to have the loaner car knowing that at the very least, you are saving miles on your TCH AND I feel confident that they will discover the problem. IT does make a LOT of us uneasy.. I'm afraid to take those speed bumps now!. That back suspension is kind of 'bangy' and that battery is back there. Seems like if they replace all that stuff, your problem should be fixed.
Again, we are all very sorry that you are having this problem, but at least they ARE working on it and not denying that there is a problem, like I have heard so many times over the years from GM dealers. I once had a GM shop tell me that the BAFFLES in my gas tank had come loose and they had to replace the gas tank at great expense!.. Only to discover months later that some golf ***** had fallen in to the lower fender well under the trunk mat and every time you would stop. Clunk.
Let's all hope they figure this out and it is NOT a major problem for you NORB. Good luck and keep us posted !