My wife wants to steal my car

Search this Thread

Old 04-03-2007, 02:38 PM
Enthusiast
Default Re: My wife wants to steal my car

Originally Posted by leahbeatle
You make me laugh. I think that 'so there' is a perfectly reasonable argument, followed with "Because I said so" and "Na na na na na na naaaahhhh... I can't HEAR you!" while those fingers are in your ears.
Yeah, that works real well, but by the end of it you're almost certain to be curled up in the fetal position crying, "Please don't hurt me please don't hurt me!"

Old 04-03-2007, 09:44 PM
Active Enthusiast

Originally Posted by leahbeatle
You make me laugh. I think that 'so there' is a perfectly reasonable argument, followed with "Because I said so" and "Na na na na na na naaaahhhh... I can't HEAR you!" while those fingers are in your ears.
Nah, I'll use this as an excuse to buy a new videogame or laptop or something. I am geek. Hear me roar. --benny

Old 04-19-2007, 06:47 PM
Active Enthusiast

Just an update--I know you were all on the edge of your seats waiting. Since my wife drives farther she's getting a full mpg better than I was. I didn't get any better than 35.1 and she's getting 36.2 (based upon the vehicle display). --benny

Old 04-24-2007, 10:47 AM
Ridiculously Active Enthusiast

Good for her! Sorry you ended up losing out on getting to drive the car, though.

Old 05-22-2007, 03:34 PM
Active Enthusiast

Another update. She's up to 38 mpg measured out of the tank. The dial says 39 mpg. Now she doesn't like me to drive it because she says that I screw up her milage!

She drives 30 miles per day, most of it on flat surfaces, driving our daughter to and from school. She spends a lot of time coasting, and has gotten the pulse/glide thing down really well. She also hardly ever uses the A/C

Benny

Old 05-22-2007, 04:29 PM
Enthusiast

I think you guys are doing it all wrong! I told my wife about the computers that run the car, the pulse and glide thing, and just about everything technical feature in the car I could think of, and now she doesn't want to drive it (she's intimidated).

It means I have to drive her more places, but I like to drive the TCH anyway!

Old 05-22-2007, 05:33 PM
Active Enthusiast

Don't forget to tell her to keep an eye on the halogen fluid-level too!

Old 05-23-2007, 05:47 PM
Ridiculously Active Enthusiast

Originally Posted by benny
She's up to 38 mpg measured out of the tank. The dial says 39 mpg. Now she doesn't like me to drive it because she says that I screw up her milage!
Hah! But that's great- she'd be well above average in our database (average TCH currently 37.0 pmg). Hypermilers in the family are a fantastic thing. Best of luck to you both.

Old 05-23-2007, 07:16 PM
HypoFueler

Well Benny you blew your chance to tell her about the "10-15k special break in period" on hybrids - that you of course, would have been best qualified to perform.

Thats my story to my Wife - for any new hybrid we buy - and Im sticking to it.

Old 05-25-2007, 09:39 PM
Enthusiast

I think the halogen fluid level is a good one! I haven't checked those levels for a awhile. I will try to explain that to my wife!