Electric Vehicle Forums

Electric Vehicle Forums (/forums/)
-   Toyota Camry Hybrid (https://electricvehicleforums.com/forums/toyota-camry-hybrid-49/)
-   -   Nav DVD ver.8.1 gen5 (https://electricvehicleforums.com/forums/toyota-camry-hybrid-49/nav-dvd-ver-8-1-gen5-21516/)

pandc 04-20-2009 07:00 AM

Re: Nav DVD ver.8.1 gen5

I am currently attempting to download the new file from a torrent but it is taking forever...now says 2weeks and 2 days...etc...anyone willing to help out a fellow hybrid owner? ...send me a private message if you can help...thks

crasher 04-21-2009 09:02 PM

I DL it too.:D
It took forever, I did not noticed much(any) difference till now. But I never ventured to new developments yet.
I used Imgburn too, but I burnt @ max speed 4x. No probs at all. I used Verbatamin media with no issues both last year and this year too.

chasm2 04-26-2009 04:17 AM

Can anyone post the procedure to have the car accept the new disk. That is, what fuses to unplug etc.

crasher 04-26-2009 04:49 AM

Originally Posted by chasm2 (Post 201935)
Can anyone post the procedure to have the car accept the new disk. That is, what fuses to unplug etc.

Eject the existing disk.
Open the fuse box under the hood.
Pull out fuse for radio1 (fuse map is on the cover) for about 1 minute.
Put back every thing together. Next time you start, it will say disk missing.
Insert new DVD, you are done.
You will also lose all preset for radio.

chasm2 04-26-2009 03:46 PM

crasher

TY, the procedure work very well

bkushner 04-27-2009 08:48 PM

i just disconnected the battery in trunk for a minute. worked

spgdxb 05-01-2009 10:54 AM

Can someone send me the name of the torrent and the website? I have been looking for it without luck. Also, I know there's a post out here on how to override the nav so you can use it while the car is moving, but I can't seem to get that done. Can someone please help. Thanks.

pandc 05-01-2009 02:18 PM

Originally Posted by stevenvillatoro
I picked up this tip from another site. If your Camry has a NAV system, you can OVERRIDE the programming of your system, thereby allowing you access to certain NOT-normally-available functions while driving.

At least two things are possible by using the OVERRIDE feature: you can manually enter addresses while driving, and you can access normally locked-out features (phone book and manual dialing, for example) of your Bluetooth phone.

Here's a summary. It takes seconds to do, and is simpler than the explanation would lead you to believe.

On the panel to the left of the NAV screen, press MENU and then on the touchscreen, press VOLUME. Then, in the upper left corner of the touchscreen, press the speaker icon once. Then, in the lower left corner of the touchscreen, where NO icon exists (blank), press once. Then repeat the last two steps, pressing the speaker icon and the blank lower left corner again. To summarize, the sequence is:

MENU > VOLUME > VOLUME ICON > BLANK >VOLUME ICON > BLANK

This will bring up a HIDDEN touchscreen. To use the locked-out features of NAV and Bluetooth, touch and hold the OVERRIDE button for five seconds. It will turn blue to indicate you have highlighted it. That's it! However, the OVERRIDE will be discontinued when you power off your car, and you will need to repeat this procedure each time.

NOTE: YOU CAN ACTIVATE OVERRIDE AT ANY TIME WHILE YOU ARE DRIVING. THIS DOES NOT HAVE TO BE ACTIVATED WHILE STOPPED. THEREFORE, YOU CAN LEAVE IT ALONE UNTIL NEEDED.

Obviously, Toyota has locked out some features for safety reasons, but on long trips it may be useful to search for a restaurant while you're driving, or dial a phone number from your saved phonebook. I haven't yet been able to check if CALLER ID is available when OVERRIDE is used, but that would be excellent, too!

Kornstad 05-01-2009 06:04 PM

I tried the procedure to OVERRIDE on our 07 Camry with no luck. What's the trick or what am I doing wrong.

"OVERRIDE by pressing:
MENU > VOLUME > VOLUME ICON > BLANK >VOLUME ICON > BLANK"

pandc 05-01-2009 06:48 PM

What is the exact version of the map dvd ? You might have one that doesnt have the override file in it. :lightbulb