Newbe needs help.

Search this Thread

Old 07-03-2007, 03:56 PM
Active Enthusiast
Default Newbe needs help.

New owner of 50th anniversary model. Love it so far. Am confused with the bluetooth telephone system. My phone book is entered (one at a time) and am getting used to the speech command switch, but I can not speak a name and have the system make the call because I have not recorded " voice tags". On page 125 of the nav. owners manual it tries to explain how to do it, and I think I could figure it out. The problem is I can not get to the "enter contact data" screen that has the voice recognition buttons on it. Any help would really be appreciated... Whew, and I havent even started the nav. set up yet, except for "HOME".Thanks in advance.........

Last edited by acco20; 07-03-2007 at 04:46 PM.
Old 07-03-2007, 06:06 PM
Pretty Darn Active Enthusiast
Default Re: Newbe needs help.

I'd try to help but that sounds somewhat different from the non-NAV interface.... Mine's all done through the steering wheel controls, voice menu, etc. Sorry...

Old 07-04-2007, 08:46 AM
Enthusiast

I'm taking a guess here.

If you can get to the screen where you enter the numbers in the phone book, you need to press the scroll down button to see the Voice Tag ON/OFF selection. All the options do not fit onto the one screen.

Is this the problem?

Bruce

Old 07-05-2007, 02:09 PM
Active Enthusiast

Originally Posted by bvbernard
I'm taking a guess here.

If you can get to the screen where you enter the numbers in the phone book, you need to press the scroll down button to see the Voice Tag ON/OFF selection. All the options do not fit onto the one screen.

Is this the problem?

Bruce
Bruce, thank you ....this could be IT. I will check it out tomorrow and let you know.