Oil Additives?

Search this Thread

Old 07-16-2007, 06:35 PM
Ridiculously Active Enthusiast
Default Re: Oil Additives?

I don't trust the additives either. Anecdotal evidence isn't something I am willing to gamble on. That lubecontrol site claims that you can extend your oil change interval to 10k miles, but I can't imagine anyone risking their factory warranty on a brand new car by doing this. This seems like it would be an EASY denial of warranty coverage for Toyota if they knew that you used this stuff, or even more likely, if they knew that you didn't change the oil per the factory recommendation.

I want hard scientific evidence from a truly INDEPENDENT laboratory that these things work, and don't cause any additional problems before I would even consider using them. When a product relies on "Testimonials" to sell their product, I get nervous.

I guess this makes me a "man of science", rather than a "man of faith"!

Old 07-17-2007, 03:11 PM
Active Enthusiast

a piece of advise: do not use any oil addititives as it is pure marketing for wasting of your money.

Old 07-17-2007, 10:46 PM
Pretty Darn Active Enthusiast

Originally Posted by spiff72
When a product relies on "Testimonials" to sell their product, I get nervous.

I guess this makes me a "man of science", rather than a "man of faith"!
I agree. Testimonials are a sure sign of "faith", and bias.

My father-in-law has a new health related diet/cure based on testimonials every month. Always trying to get on the bottom floor of the latest Pyramid.

Last edited by worthywads; 07-18-2007 at 05:40 AM.