Opening the trunk

Search this Thread

Old 06-12-2006, 08:25 AM
2007 Toyota Camry Hybrid
Default Re: Opening the trunk

Originally Posted by Orcrone
I actually find that I'm pressing and holding the trunk release for the trunk to open. I haven't tried pressing and releasing it though.
I just tried both ways. And both ways work. But, at least subjectively, the trunk opens about a 1/2 sec quicker doing the push and release method.

Old 06-12-2006, 10:26 AM
Default Re: Opening the trunk

Originally Posted by stevenvillatoro
I'd describe the third method (my method of choice 99% of the time) as a button protected by rubber under the center of the trunk lip. The curious thing is how this button operates... it won't release the trunk when you push it, but rather only when you *release* it after having pushed it.
Safety. They don't want the trunk suddenly opening while your hand is entangled in the lid area. This isn't an issue with the doors because they don't automatically open; they merely unlock.