Seat discomfort and smells like farm animals

Search this Thread

Old 11-04-2006, 06:33 AM
Enthusiast
Unhappy Seat discomfort and smells like farm animals

I haven't read any complaints on the comfort of the seats in 2007 TCH. I purchased a Jasper pearl TCH in June 06 and during the test drive the comfort level was good, but after driving the car day in and day out and taking several long trips it has become very uncomfortable. The seats seem to have a lump right between your cheeks and there is no support under your knees. I have purchased three different seat chusions, but they are just as annoying and raise you up too high in the seat. These seats are the cloth type and when I first get in the car it smells like wet wool (I have no pets in the car at any time) I also have that annoying center console rattle. The dealer says there is nothing wrong with the seat and can't hear the rattle. Please let me know if anyone else feels this way. Thanks Jasper Frog

Old 11-04-2006, 06:39 AM
Pretty Darn Active Enthusiast
Default Re: Seat discomfort and smells like farm animals

Originally Posted by Jasper frog
I haven't read any complaints on the comfort of the seats in 2007 TCH. I purchased a Jasper pearl TCH in June 06 and during the test drive the comfort level was good, but after driving the car day in and day out and taking several long trips it has become very uncomfortable. The seats seem to have a lump right between your cheeks and there is no support under your knees. I have purchased three different seat chusions, but they are just as annoying and raise you up too high in the seat. These seats are the cloth type and when I first get in the car it smells like wet wool (I have no pets in the car at any time) I also have that annoying center console rattle. The dealer says there is nothing wrong with the seat and can't hear the rattle. Please let me know if anyone else feels this way. Thanks Jasper Frog
If idne the TCH seats to be decent, I have some discomfort on longer drives and have actually found some american cars have beeter designed seats. I find that at 6' there is plenty of room in the TCH, but I struggle to find that perfect position. I have leather and have not noticed anything bad about odors.

Old 11-04-2006, 06:49 AM
Active Enthusiast

Are you really tall? That would explain no support under your knees. I'm 6' and tend to have that problem with chairs, but not with the TCH (leather).

Also, I've been on 12 hour and 7 hour drives and have been quite comfortable (and I'm not easy to please)

Old 11-04-2006, 06:51 AM
Enthusiast

Thanks, for your reply. I think leather would have been a better choice but when we were looking for Camry XLE we could not find one and then we saw this Jasper color TCH and switched our thinking with gas at $3.00 a gal. The car came with the cloth seats all the other test drives were with leather, so we did not think there would be a big comfort difference. The smell I am convinced is the cloth material used. Jasper Frog

Old 11-04-2006, 06:56 AM
Enthusiast

No I am 5' 10" and my wife who complains more than I is shorter. It may be the difference between cloth and leather. When we test drove in leather no problem. Thanks for your reply. J.F.

Old 11-04-2006, 06:59 AM

Thanks, for your reply. I think leather would have been a better choice but when we were looking for Camry XLE we could not find one and then we saw this Jasper color TCH and switched our thinking with gas at $3.00 a gal. The car came with the cloth seats all the other test drives were with leather, so we did not think there would be a big comfort difference. The smell I am convinced is the cloth material used. Jasper Frog
It is not too late to get leather, look into Katskin aftermarket leather. I wish I woudl have went that way rather thant he port installed aftermarket leather, which was more expensive and a rather cheap poor leather. I have seen Katskin and it looks really good. And it woudl run around that the factory leather would have cost you.

Old 11-04-2006, 07:01 AM
Active Enthusiast

For the knee support I find that raising the seat to the highest level AND tipping it slightly back helps a lot. Have you already tried this?

Old 11-04-2006, 07:09 AM
Enthusiast

Is this Katskin a seat cover or is it a whole new seat? I think the factory leather seats may have more cushioning. Thanks J.P

Old 11-04-2006, 07:12 AM
Enthusiast

My wife and I have tried many different combos in the seat posistioning but to no avail. We will give your suggestion a try and see. Thanks, J.F.

Old 11-04-2006, 07:29 AM

Is this Katskin a seat cover or is it a whole new seat? I think the factory leather seats may have more cushioning. Thanks J.P
Honestly I do not know, my guess is they remove the cloth cover and replace it with leather, I beleive the heard rests are a cover as the cloth is not removable.

Quick Reply: Seat discomfort and smells like farm animals

Contact Us -

• Manage Preferences
  • Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service - Your Privacy Choices -

When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

© 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands