Spot for Trash Collection?

Search this Thread

Old 07-23-2007, 11:22 PM
Active Enthusiast
Question Spot for Trash Collection?

Just searched thru the archives and I didn't see this question asked. Where do my fellow TCHers place the trash bag in your car? I don't really see a good spot to place a little container and I am tired of having little bits of garbage floating around in the water bottle spots or the square spot in front of the console or ..... OTOH, it means that I have been very good about cleaning out my car every few days but still...

Suggestions?

Thanks!

Old 07-24-2007, 05:23 AM
Active Enthusiast
Default Re: Spot for Trash Collection?

Hmmm, we've always used the "toss it on the floor and pick it up when you get out of the car" method. I've haven't owned a trash holder in years. So I'm a big help...

Old 07-24-2007, 05:34 AM
Ridiculously Active Enthusiast

Originally Posted by CA Girl
OTOH, it means that I have been very good about cleaning out my car every few days but still...

Suggestions?

Thanks!
I deliberately don't carry a trash bag, just to force me to keep it clean . Now that you mention it though, there's not much to work with, is there? Maybe the magazine holder on the back of the seat (thin trash only, though)?

Old 07-24-2007, 07:36 AM
Dazed and Confused

I have one of those little nylon trash bags that has a drawstring at the top and the bottom folds over a couple times and closes with velcro. It has a small strip if velcro on the side near the top opening the kinda holds on to the carpet on the center section right in front of my driver's seat. This allows me to toss in the small stuff that always seems to migrate to the car and keep it relativly clean. Any thing larger gets thrown away when I leave the car next.

Old 07-24-2007, 09:57 AM
Pretty Darn Active Enthusiast

I have a small, round pop-up trash-can (vinyl container with metal hoop rings) that velcros at the bottom. I have velcroed it in the back seat floorboard, in the middle where the lip of the can wedges nicely under the edge of the seat. It stays put pretty well, and it's easy for everyone to reach.

Old 07-24-2007, 10:10 AM
Active Enthusiast

Alas, I can't use the seatback because it is a tough reach for me even when sitting sit, and driving, well! I used to be a toss in the mid section and then toss in the back type of person for my assorted items for my Previa, but can't really do that with the TCH. It is too nice!!! But I am liking some of these ideas and now I need to look at my car to check out BM's idea.

Please keep the ideas coming!

Thanks!

Old 07-24-2007, 05:40 PM
Newbie and lovin' it!

If you throw it out the window, you will be littering, BUT you are offsetting that with the high FE and low emissions. It would probably be a draw and your average ecology score would remain the same. I was gonna put a smilie face here, but couldn't.......

Old 07-24-2007, 09:52 PM
Pretty Darn Active Enthusiast

ONLY on trips over a couple hundred miles the trash goes on the floor in the passenger foot well. And then ONLY until I stop for gas or hotel , then it gets cleaned out.

Trash bag, indeed.