The Squeak - Have any So Cal dealers fixed it?

Search this Thread

Old 08-28-2007, 11:55 AM
Enthusiast
Default The Squeak - Have any So Cal dealers fixed it?

I've got the common center console/trim shifter squeak issue. I have my Camry Hybrid at the dealership today to have its 10,000 mile service. I have the appropriate TSB downloaded (NV005-07) which I'm prepared to show the Service Dept. if they don't fix the issue properly today, however, I'm wondering if any of you So Cal Camry HV owners have had this issue fixed at a San Diego or Orange County dealership. Also, if you happen to know the name(s) of particularly helpful and knowledgeable employeess in that dealership's Service Dept, please also pass that info on. Thanks!

Old 08-28-2007, 03:54 PM
Beyond AM. Beyond FM.
Default Re: The Squeak - Have any So Cal dealers fixed it?

Here's hoping your experience works out as well as mine. I took my Camry to Miller Toyota in Manassas, VA to have them do the TSB and, since they had to have the console apart then, install the XM Radio tuner.

They did a superb job on both. No squeaks, great tunes. They at first put felt pads in the old console, and I was happy with that; I couldn't hear any squeaks or crickets in over a week of driving the car. They weren't happy for some reason, and ordered the new console parts. I dropped by yesterday morning and they installed the console parts in less than an hour while I was finishing up the last Harry Potter book and drinking their coffee and using their free wireless internet access in the customer lounge. Still no crickets or squeaks.

May yours go as well!

Old 08-29-2007, 06:28 PM
Enthusiast
Default Re: The Squeak - Have any So Cal dealers fixed it?

I have just came back from my dealership. There is a rattling sound coming from the passenger side air con. They put insulator on it. So far, there isn't any noise yet.

I guess Don Valley North Toyota in Toronto is doing a good job...

we will see.... I still hate the sales person there as they lie but service is good so far.. they dirty my car interior and apologize after I wrote a bad comment to them and offer to clean the car up but i removed those grease already.