Squeaky brake when driving slowly

Search this Thread

Old 04-05-2008, 11:01 PM
Enthusiast
Default Squeaky brake when driving slowly

I bought my TCH in July 07. I've got almost 9k miles on the car. Recently, I've noticed that when I'm driving very slowly in parking lots in e mode, I can hear a small but clearly audible squeak when I brake. But I cannot hear the brakes squeak when I am driving faster even in quiet environments.

Can anyone explain this? I will take my car in for a second oil change soon and ask the dealership to check it out.

Old 04-06-2008, 01:55 AM
Ridiculously Active Enthusiast
Default Re: Squeaky brake when driving slowly

Originally Posted by KimikoPi
I bought my TCH in July 07. I've got almost 9k miles on the car. Recently, I've noticed that when I'm driving very slowly in parking lots in e mode, I can hear a small but clearly audible squeak when I brake. But I cannot hear the brakes squeak when I am driving faster even in quiet environments.

Can anyone explain this? I will take my car in for a second oil change soon and ask the dealership to check it out.
I had to look twice at you user name. I thought it was me there for a second. I also bought my TCH in July 07. I do have 9K miles on my car.

Your right, my car also makes low level audible noise. It's just after starting the car. It usually happens when i'm slowly backing up in the EV mode. I can also hear a ever so slight wheel rubbing sound (front brake) when I drive forward in a parking lot also in the EV mode. There are times when it sounds like one of the rear brakes is making the sound.

Toyota has a fix for this problem if you talk to the service writer.

The brake problem is so slight and intermittent in mine, i'm going to leave it as is. The brakes work fine. Actually your only using your physical brakes if you under something like 6 to 8 miles per hour. Any hard or panic stops at any speed, the physical brakes are also used.

Last edited by rburt07; 04-06-2008 at 01:58 AM.
Old 04-06-2008, 02:00 AM

this is a known defect that Toyota will repair free of charge.
Please see this thread, although there are many more on this topic.
I believe the code is TSB BR007-07.

Old 04-06-2008, 09:51 AM

Originally Posted by haroldo
this is a known defect that Toyota will repair free of charge.
Please see this thread, although there are many more on this topic.
I believe the code is TSB BR007-07.
There are two brake TSBs. The quoted one is for the rear squeak when in reverse and premature pad wear I believe. There is another that deals with the front, which is what it sounds like the OP has. Get both done .. I did and haven't had a problem.