Sticky suggestion - TSB

Search this Thread

Old 03-12-2008, 10:11 AM
Active Enthusiast
Default Sticky suggestion - TSB

A suggestion to create a sticky with all relevant TSB (Technical Service Bulletins) related to the Camry Hybrid (current generation 2007-2009).

Old 03-12-2008, 10:17 AM
Ridiculously Active Enthusiast
Default Re: Sticky suggestion - TSB

send PM to admin Pravus Prime

Old 03-12-2008, 10:47 AM
Driving in stealth mode

I agree with the sticky. This is an excellent idea.

Old 03-12-2008, 10:58 AM
Old Boomer Techie
Thumbs up Re: Sticky suggestion - TSB

Very, Very Excellent. So much so that it should be a sticky for every hybrid on their respective forums. No comments except for expansion of te TSB title to state what it is about.

Old 03-12-2008, 11:31 AM

There is a thread on TSB (https://www.greenhybrid.com/discuss/...nt-tsbs-11193/).... I think people started to think about the legality because normally people have to pay to receive this information.

Last edited by mikieboyblue; 03-12-2008 at 04:54 PM. Reason: Fixed URL
Old 03-12-2008, 11:44 AM

There is also an ethical issue...if Toyota will fix cars for people who have legitimate issues will others complain about non-existing problems so they'll get the non-problem repaired.
What's to stop someone whose car is perfect from saying "My car makes a noise on the highway" (assuming there is a TSB for this issue) to get a free repair? Toyota ends up wasting money, which goes into higher cost for the next generation car.

Old 03-12-2008, 11:58 AM

Originally Posted by haroldo
There is also an ethical issue...if Toyota will fix cars for people who have legitimate issues will others complain about non-existing problems so they'll get the non-problem repaired.
What's to stop someone whose car is perfect from saying "My car makes a noise on the highway" (assuming there is a TSB for this issue) to get a free repair? Toyota ends up wasting money, which goes into higher cost for the next generation car.
Well, first, that would be silly for someone to do because the chance of causing more issues is high. But, I feel the blame really falls on Toyota. They should not have made crappy parts and done more testing. The only reason why these are no recalls (in the official sense of the word) is because they have not caused harm.

Old 03-12-2008, 12:14 PM

If a manufacturer were to test every product thoroughly (so that they were sure it would be 100% reliable) and only used the highest quality product, they would come up with a new car every 5 or 10 years and it's probably cost $50,000 for a mid level sedan. I doubt it's practical nor financially prudent to do so (although I imagine high end cars, such as Mercedes, etc. do that).
This is a mass market car and they are spitting them out at a pretty quick pace.
A squeak here or a rattle there is easier to fix in the aftermarket for the handful of people who complain, rather than keep hundreds of thousands of cars in the lab (and off the market) for the period of time it takes to perfect them.

Old 03-12-2008, 01:03 PM
Active Enthusiast

Originally Posted by haroldo
This a complete red herring. Most people are honest.

TSB to me should be public knowledge to any owner - as long as I have warranty coverage, I should be aware of any TSB.

Hiding this info just breeds ill will.

Old 03-12-2008, 01:05 PM
Active Enthusiast

Originally Posted by mikieboyblue
There is a thread on TSB (https://www.greenhybrid.com/discuss/...t-tsbs-11193/).... I think people started to think about the legality because normally people have to pay to receive this information.
Who pays, the service dealer? Customers had paid - for the vehicle, warranty, etc. Toyota Corp is not like the RIAA and going to hunt people down on this.

A service desk will not fix something just becuase you have a TSB - they have to validate the issue.

The link is dead...we should have one.

Quick Reply: Sticky suggestion - TSB

Contact Us -

• Manage Preferences
  • Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service - Your Privacy Choices -

When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

© 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands