Sticky threads

Search this Thread

Old 02-04-2013, 08:29 AM
Super Moderator
Default Sticky threads

If everyone wants to see a thread made into a sticky (or delete those that we already have), let me know. I have thought about several that would make a good "how to" or informative post but wasn't sure if we had too many or not enough.

I wish I could make a sub forum just for the "how to" posts and place everything there but I am not able to do that.

Old 02-04-2013, 06:15 PM
Ridiculously Active Enthusiast
Default Re: Sticky threads

I'd like to know how to safely flash my 07 with 12 software.

Last edited by GeorgiaHybrid; 02-05-2013 at 08:40 AM.
Old 02-05-2013, 08:40 AM
Super Moderator

Originally Posted by ukrkoz
I'd like to know how to safely flash my 07 with 12 software.

1) Have your wife buy a '12 Camry hybrid the same color as yours.

2) Get a buddy to take the wheels off you current Camry and swap them for the ones on the new Camry.

3) Have your wife sell the old Camry.

4) Get your buddy to "flash" your eyes with a Streamlight (or just flash you if you want to go blind....)

5) You have now been flashed and have '12 programing on your Camry.

In reality, I don't think the engine parameters from a 2012 could be flashed onto an older Camry. The engine controls, ECU and even the water pump controls (electric pump started this year) are different enough that I doubt it would work. If you do manage it however, I would be interested in it....

Last edited by GeorgiaHybrid; 02-05-2013 at 08:52 AM.
Old 02-05-2013, 08:48 AM
Super Moderator

Another item to add into this thread. Does anyone have a "wish list" of "how to" articles they would like to see that are not on this site? I would like to see one of the battery threads as a sticky but will leave it up to everyone to decide which one.

Other possibles include a fuel filter replacement, cabin filter replacement (do we have a thread with that covered already?), replacing brakes/rotors (if they ever need them), spark plug changes, throttle body cleaning or anything else that we can come up with.

There are several talented individuals on here that can do a better job than I can that could do a show and tell on these items as they are needed so speak up and let us know what you would like to see.

Old 02-05-2013, 11:10 AM
Ridiculously Active Enthusiast

Georgia, forgot to flash new car with 3 months worth of dirt. Got to be natural.
I think, they got power increase only due to remapping engine. It was a rhetorical question, I know it can't be done.

Now, it is really good that forum started moving in this respect, and mostly due to GH. It was lame for long time. Good to see some buzz coming again.