Is there a fog/driving lights kit for the TCH

Search this Thread

Old 07-17-2006, 04:53 AM
Pretty Darn Active Enthusiast
Default Is there a fog/driving lights kit for the TCH

The front of the TCh has the knock outs for driving lihghts liek the XLE has, but my dealer says there is no accessory kit to add driving lights to the TCH. I think the car is just begging for fog/driving lights. Does anyone know if there is a Toyota kit or will be one?

Old 07-17-2006, 01:55 PM
Enthusiast
Default Re: Is there a fog/driving lights kit for the TCH

I was wondering about the same thing. I believe the connectors are already there. I saw 2 extra connectors in the area today when I was under the car installing my HID lights. Does anyone know where the fog light switch is on the XLE? I don't see any blank plates.

Old 07-17-2006, 01:58 PM
Active Enthusiast

My guess is that it's on the lights stalk coming out of the steering wheel...

Originally Posted by elmo
I was wondering about the same thing. I believe the connectors are already there. I saw 2 extra connectors in the area today when I was under the car installing my HID lights. Does anyone know where the fog light switch is on the XLE? I don't see any blank plates.

Old 07-17-2006, 04:50 PM
Active Enthusiast

I’ve looked into this a little so far and the XLE light stalk does have a fog position that we do not have on the TCH. I’ve talked to the service manager at the dealership where I bought mine and I am bringing the car in this Saturday so they can check to see if the plug configuration is the same on the TCH. If it is their going to order the parts that I need. They have been asked the fog light question a bunch of times already so I think the rep was as eager to find out as me. More money for the dealers if they can offer it to everyone I guess.

They made sure to point out to me that I can not add anything electrical to my own vehicle without voiding the warranty and that I would “have” to have the dealer install the fog lights or anything else for that matter. I don’t know if they can arbitrarily void your warranty for installing fog lights but I sure as heck don’t want to risk it.

As soon as I have confirmation and a total price with installation I will post the info here.

Last edited by Bumzyman; 07-17-2006 at 04:53 PM.
Old 07-17-2006, 05:34 PM

Originally Posted by Bumzyman
They made sure to point out to me that I can not add anything electrical to my own vehicle without voiding the warranty and that I would “have” to have the dealer install the fog lights or anything else for that matter. I don’t know if they can arbitrarily void your warranty for installing fog lights but I sure as heck don’t want to risk it.

As soon as I have confirmation and a total price with installation I will post the info here.
I am no lawyer, but I beleive that is BS! They have to prove that your addition or mod casued a problem. If your engine toasts and has nothing to do with the electircal they can't say you voided the warranty. This is an old tactic dealers use.

Old 07-17-2006, 05:43 PM

Originally Posted by Bumzyman
I’ve looked into this a little so far and the XLE light stalk does have a fog position that we do not have on the TCH. I’ve talked to the service manager at the dealership where I bought mine and I am bringing the car in this Saturday so they can check to see if the plug configuration is the same on the TCH. If it is their going to order the parts that I need. They have been asked the fog light question a bunch of times already so I think the rep was as eager to find out as me. .
Excellent! I am eagerly awaiting!! I think that is the key missing touch for the exterior. Of course I'm sure the load of more lighting is deliberate to avoid any more load, but I can't beleive it woudl add that much load.

Old 07-17-2006, 06:33 PM
Enthusiast

I bet they left if off so that they could add it as an option for the 2008 models...just like the outside mirrors are stationary

Old 07-18-2006, 02:13 AM
Enthusiast

Originally Posted by elmo
HID headlights for a TCH? Where did you find those?

Old 07-18-2006, 04:32 AM

Originally Posted by hybrid_dsl
HID headlights for a TCH? Where did you find those?
Didn't even catch that, cool, do tell I don;t even have my TCh, but fog lights and HID woudl be great!!

Old 07-18-2006, 08:54 PM
Enthusiast

HID were aftermarket. 15 mins after installing them yesterday I took the car out to get some lunch and got in an accident! A F-150 p/u turn left in to the front driver's corner of my 5 day old car with only 100kms on it! The only test I did was in my garage, the HID on the one light and halogen on the other the difference was night and day. Having HID's on my other cars the halogens on the TCH looks like I'm only driving with my daytime driving lights.

Quick Reply: Is there a fog/driving lights kit for the TCH

Contact Us -

• Manage Preferences
  • Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service - Your Privacy Choices -

When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

© 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands