Are we getting bored with our cars???

Search this Thread

Old 04-04-2007, 06:18 PM
Ridiculously Active Enthusiast
Arrow Re: Are we getting bored with our cars???

Hehe. Well, it wasn't MY idea to get the Lexus. Some things we do to make others happy. The Isetta had a whopping 13 horsepower, and I regularly used it for freeway driving! No, I'm not kidding. (Remember when 55 was the speed limit on CA freeways?) Anway, the reviews of the new smart show many major advances for the second-gen ForTwo.

Old 04-05-2007, 08:43 AM
Pretty Darn Active Enthusiast
Default Re: Are we getting bored with our cars???

I have noticed that i don't come here as much. It may be due to the fact that I have been really busy, I am not sure. I have 11,000 miles on my 8 month old TCH and nothing to complain about.

Old 04-05-2007, 08:55 AM
Malcontent

Originally Posted by jlacamp
And what about the interior light project? Where were you purchasing those? Was that a challenge at all?
The dome light installation was difficult because I chose a 1W Luxeon and its circuit board was a bit too big to fit. I had to remove the dome light completely (just a wire hanging down from the roof) and grind away the plastic with a Dremel until it fit.

http://www.taskled.com/dome.html

Replacing the license plate lights took a few minutes but the rest were easy.

I was originally thinking of putting cold cathode lights in the trunk but the LED I used already improved it so much that I don't think I'll bother.

I'm replacing the light in the shifter as well.

What I like the most, besides the increased brightness, is the nice white light from LEDs vs. the yellowish light from incandescants.

When I'm finished, I can take pictures and list the parts I used.

Old 04-05-2007, 11:11 AM
Active Enthusiast

I may put down the $99 to get on the Smart list, but I don't know where the closest dealer will be. Steve, Do you know how to find out the list of dealerships?

I hope that I don't tire of the Camry. I may trade my other sedan for a Cayman S for a weekend car.

I always look forward to getting an "EXCELLENT!" at the end of each drive.

Old 04-05-2007, 05:24 PM
Ridiculously Active Enthusiast

DaimlerChrysler is currently evaluating dealers to carry the smart, and will release the dealer lineup in mid-May. At that time, your reservation will transfer to a local dealer.