What ONE thing really drives you nuts about the TCH

Search this Thread

Old 08-11-2006, 09:25 AM
Active Enthusiast
Smile Re: What ONE thing really drives you nuts about the TCH

My mother always told me be happy with what you got. I have mine 3 weeks today and wouldn't change a thing.

Old 08-11-2006, 10:20 AM
Active Enthusiast
Default Re: What ONE thing really drives you nuts about the TCH

I wish the driver's side window had an auto-up function, and maybe if the lumbar support could go further up my back. I'd like it to be just below the center of my back, vertically. I do also agree with the memory seats, folding mirrors thing. I don't have any problems with my left arm, although my boyfriend hogs the center arm rest, lol, so my arms are floating all over the place.

Old 08-11-2006, 10:58 AM
Active Enthusiast
Wink Re: What ONE thing really drives you nuts about the TCH

I bugs me that mine hasn't arrived yet. I wonder if it's on that ship full of Japanese cars, floating on its side somewhere off Alaska.

Old 08-11-2006, 11:00 AM
Enthusiast

Turning off the recirculating air control every time anything else is adjusted.

I would have said the crickets in the center console except that I am hoping they can be fixed.

Old 08-11-2006, 11:31 AM
Active Enthusiast

Crickets can be fixed....the dealership used felt tape on mine. I shook the entire console with them in the car to make sure they knew what I was talking about and I also took with me one of the threads here about it. They fixed it quickly....it seems there are two potential causes of the same problem...one is a clip missing somewhere inside the console the other is simply using felt tape (which may wear down at some point and the crickets will return) under the console area.

Byron

Old 08-11-2006, 11:33 AM
Pretty Darn Active Enthusiast

I don't like the fact that you can't have auto up on the drivers window. This pdf says it is only available on the XLE http://www.toyota.com/images/vehicle...y/features.pdf

However... The eBrochure on their site list it as standard on the Hybrid and XLE!!
http://www.toyota.com/toyota/vehicle.../ebrochure.jsp

Old 08-11-2006, 11:33 AM
Too Smug

Originally Posted by alc13
Turning off the recirculating air control every time anything else is adjusted.

I would have said the crickets in the center console except that I am hoping they can be fixed.
Hallelujah! I second the gripe about the recirc control!

Old 08-11-2006, 12:44 PM
Pretty Darn Active Enthusiast

Per the Toyota iGuide:
AIR INLET MODE (Air Inlet Mode)
In case of turning the A/C ON when you desire to make the compartment cool down quickly, this is the function to change the mode automatically to RECIRCULATED mode. AUTO
MANUAL/AUTO

AUTO is the default.

I am considering having the dealership adjust this as well as several other settings as soon as I confirm what they do!

Old 08-11-2006, 02:06 PM
Ridiculously Active Enthusiast
Angry Re: What ONE thing really drives you nuts about the TCH

At first I would have said the center console squeak, but I can fix that after reading online this week how to pop the center console plastic off.

Therefore, my biggest pet peeve is the stupid (IMHO) design of door handle on the front doors. The position of the door handle makes the entire armrest unusable. I commute 100 miles a day, and now I don't have anywhere to rest my left arm. So now I put my elbow on the small part of the armrest that exists, and then put my hand on my leg, but it isn't as comfortable if I could just rest my entire forearm on the armrest. Probably the most significant thing I miss about my Cadillac STS. Otherwise, I love my TCH.

Old 08-11-2006, 02:19 PM
Active Enthusiast

Like pbanks and daveosborne, I'm bugged that I don't have mine yet (2 months and still not in allocation).

However I must say it's gratifying to see that all these "biggest pet peeves" are, IMO, extremely minor problems. There is obviously nothing serious to complain about with this car!

Quick Reply: What ONE thing really drives you nuts about the TCH

Contact Us -

• Manage Preferences
  • Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service - Your Privacy Choices -

When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

© 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands