Winter Car Mats?

Search this Thread

Old 09-20-2007, 12:26 PM
Active Enthusiast
Default Re: Winter Car Mats?

I removed the original mats since leaving them in, especially on the driver's side, felt too bulky. Also, the retaining clips for the original mats on the driver's side work with the Weathertech mat to hold it in place. If you don't want to punch the holes through on the Weathertech mat you don't have to, but I think it fits nicer if you do. Plus, it won't have two raised areas where the clips are. The holes are pre-marked and line up with the clips perfectly.

Old 09-20-2007, 12:38 PM
Enthusiast

Hello all -
I just ordered my 2nd set of WeatherTech mats. I had a set for a Honda and absolutely loved them. After 5 years, the mats looked great and the carpet also. They are expensive ($100/4) but well worth it.
The only word of advice that I would give to anyone is that if you have a Prius Bisque interior, do not order the tan mats. I did and sent them back for black. The tan just didn't go.
Everywhere I looked the price was about the same. I ordered through Herringtons (herringtonsonline.com - I think or search for Herringtons catalog). They call them English Channel mats, but they are dropped shipped from MacNeil (who sells Weathertech).

Good luck!

Old 09-21-2007, 05:34 AM
Ridiculously Active Enthusiast

I ordered a set of Weathertech mats yesterday, from the Canadian site. They look to be better than the Toyota stock mats - at least the channels look deeper. We'll see.

Old 09-21-2007, 06:39 AM
Enthusiast

Originally Posted by 07seaside
Hello all -
I just ordered my 2nd set of WeatherTech mats. I had a set for a Honda and absolutely loved them. After 5 years, the mats looked great and the carpet also. They are expensive ($100/4) but well worth it.
The only word of advice that I would give to anyone is that if you have a Prius Bisque interior, do not order the tan mats. I did and sent them back for black. The tan just didn't go.
Everywhere I looked the price was about the same. I ordered through Herringtons (herringtonsonline.com - I think or search for Herringtons catalog). They call them English Channel mats, but they are dropped shipped from MacNeil (who sells Weathertech).

Good luck!
Originally Posted by rmorrow
I ordered a set of Weathertech mats yesterday, from the Canadian site. They look to be better than the Toyota stock mats - at least the channels look deeper. We'll see.
07seaside I have a Bisque interior in my TCH. I have not seen the Prius Bisque so i don't know if it is the same colour (shade). Did you not like them because the shade did not match from Weathertec or was the black contrast better?

rmorrow When you say Canadian site was this the dealer listed (at Weathertec.com)who is in Hamilton?

Old 09-21-2007, 09:04 AM

Originally Posted by Ookpik
rmorrow When you say Canadian site was this the dealer listed (at Weathertec.com)who is in Hamilton?
I went to the site at www.weathertechcanada.com and ordered online. In fact the mats just arrived minutes ago. That's less than a 24 hour turn-around. The invoice lists the dealer as Marcor Automotive in Hamilton. Now, to see how well they fit...

Old 09-21-2007, 07:05 PM
Enthusiast

Bought Toyota weather Mats on 2nd day - to protect the light carpet; very heavy duty, from Toyota - black or brown. Dealer gave me 20% of price since I bought car there. Put them in on top of other mats; plan to keep them in year round; easy to clean, and deep wells catch grass clippings, dirt etc

Old 09-22-2007, 06:09 AM
Enthusiast

Originally Posted by rmorrow
I went to the site at www.weathertechcanada.com and ordered online. In fact the mats just arrived minutes ago. That's less than a 24 hour turn-around. The invoice lists the dealer as Marcor Automotive in Hamilton. Now, to see how well they fit...
Thanks very much. I will contact them. I just realized that there are two types sold by Weathertec. All-Weather Rubber Floor Mats and ones called "Floorliner". I am after the latter. Can you tell me which ones you purchased and how much they cost?

Old 09-22-2007, 07:02 AM

Originally Posted by Ookpik
Thanks very much. I will contact them. I just realized that there are two types sold by Weathertec. All-Weather Rubber Floor Mats and ones called "Floorliner". I am after the latter. Can you tell me which ones you purchased and how much they cost?
I purchase the Classic all-weather for $129 and change CDN. It was about $160 with tax and shipping.

Old 09-27-2007, 06:52 PM
Enthusiast

Originally Posted by ANDONIMA
Bought Toyota weather Mats on 2nd day - to protect the light carpet; very heavy duty, from Toyota - black or brown. Dealer gave me 20% of price since I bought car there. Put them in on top of other mats; plan to keep them in year round; easy to clean, and deep wells catch grass clippings, dirt etc
Toyota has issued a safety recall on their winter mats as they have led to six fatalities because they get lodged into the accelerator pedal. The NHTSA issued a safety bulletin as well. DO NOT PLACE ON TOP OF STOCK MATS. You need to take the old mat out (drivers side) and secure the new winter mat with the retainer hooks.

Thanks for all of the info. I just ordered some Weathertech mats. I'm sure I will be pleased with them.

Last edited by Heavymetal; 09-27-2007 at 06:54 PM. Reason: typo
Old 09-28-2007, 09:47 AM
Pretty Darn Active Enthusiast

Ehh... I haven't seen anything about 6 fatalities. 6 accidents is what's in the AP article.

Quick Reply: Winter Car Mats?

Contact Us -

• Manage Preferences
  • Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service - Your Privacy Choices -

When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

© 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands